Mischief

"So will you do it?"

The words rolled off Ginny's tongue smoothly, and her eyes glinted mischievously. Hermione was unsure about the entire idea, but if Ginny was so positive it would be okay, who was she to disagree?

"Fine."

Ginny's face lit up and she laughed. "Okay, then you need to help me get supplies. If we don't do this perfectly, we'll probably be expelled."

Hermione's face of relief was quickly quashed by that last sentence. "Ex... Expelled?"

Ginny looked back at the frizzy-haired girl, having already started leaving, and said four words: "Do you trust me?"

Hermione, obviously torn, took a moment to answer. "Yes."

At the affirmation, Ginny took Hermione's hand and led her down the corridor, starting to begin her plan.

"So you know about the boys' map, right? I'm sure you've used it before. Anyways, I need you to sneak into the boys' dormitory and take it from Harry's stuff. I'm sure it's there. After you get it, report back to me."
Hermione couldn't do anything but nod. What was the rest of the plan? She was widely recognized as one of the most intelligent of her year, yet her head was spinning. Could they really pull this off?

Through all of this internal struggle, Ginny had not stopped speaking. "...so then we're going to make the boys take a ransom. It'll be completely anonymous, of course, but they'd probably want to die before embarrassing themselves in front of the whole school. It's going to be great!"

Hermione stopped, pulling Ginny's arm. "What?!"

"C'mon, I know you despise Cormac, and I despise Dean right now. You and I both know that Gryffindors love nothing more than their pride, so what's the harm in a little bit of revenge and fun?"

Hermione nodded, "Okay, as long as we're only targeting Cormac and Dean. I assume you want me to spy on them through the map? I can only assume that's why we need it."

Ginny smiled, nodding. "You're getting it!"

Hermione sighed, looking less concerned than before. "I assume you're the one getting the actual revenge, then?"

Her ginger friend smirked and then spoke, "We'll see."