Unique

I wake up and I'm a lot warmer than I was last night and where ever I am is a lot softer too.

I slowly open one of my eyes and I realise I'm in the room Elvis assigned to me when I got here and I'm alone.

I wake up fully then, sigh and roll onto my back.

I start to think about last night, about taking that pill and about being held by Elvis. Something I always thought about but never thought would happen.

I'm so torn. I want to stay and be with Elvis but I also don't want to fuck anything up. This is so hard.

I press my head further and further back into the soft downy pillow in frustration. It's as if I want the bed to swallow me whole like it does to Johnny Depp in Nightmare on Elm Street.

That's not even fucking out yet! Has Johnny Depp even been born?

I need to stop thinking. It would only freak me out more.

I push myself out of bed and stumble into the bathroom where I attempt to restrain my hair and brush my teeth. I still feel slightly slow from the pill I took but it also left me feeling warm and calm. Something is not felt since I got here.

I start my routine of putting my make up on and teasing my hair. Once I'm done I dress in a simple purple shirt and black Capri pants. I slip on my black flats, head out of my room and into the kitchen which I find empty.

I shrug and head out the back where Jerry and I were the night before. I flip open my cigarette packet and pull one out. I use the lighter I found in my bag earlier to light it. I take a long drag and lean against the wall by the door.

I get about halfway down my cigarette when the door flies open. I jerk myself off the wall and face whoever just came out the house. It's Elvis.

"Oh, Elvis. You okay?" I ask before taking another drag.

"You smoke?" He asks clearly shocked.

"Hmm, yeah. That a problem?" I immediately get on the defensive.

"Erm, no, I guess not. Just different really." He responds.

We stand in silence for a while. I stare out onto the acres of land that stretches out behind Graceland. Its so much bigger than I realised. I don't know if that was my imagination because I had been here 100 times before, but maybe it is because I am stood here with Elvis and he made everything seem bigger.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks giving me a side long glance taking a drag from his skinny cigar.

"I've been here before and it never seemed this big." I mutter around my exhale of smoke.

"What do ya mean?"

"I've been out the back of your house before, in the future... it just seems so much bigger now." I'm aware of how monotone I sound.

"I move?" My head snaps towards him at the realisation of what I have just admitted. I let my words get the better of me.

"I, uh, yeah. Something like that." I regain myself  quickly.

He eyes me suspiciously. "I never thought I'd move from here, my mama chose this house."

We kept eye contact. I don't know what to say. I don't want to lie but he can't know his fate yet.

"So what's it like? Does my music get better?" He snaps out of whatever thought he was in and smirks my way.

I smirk back. "You're okay I guess. I'll tell you who gets massive..." I tease.

"Who?" He asks leading me to the bench near the edge of the porch.

"The Rolling Stones. They're gonna be huge. Absolutely massive. They're amazing." I gush.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She carries on talking about this band who I have vaguely heard of from England.

"Sounds like they're your favourite, you got their tattoo as well?" I continue to tease her.

"Shut up!" She smacks my leg softly. "I like all sorts of music."

She starts to reel off the different music she listens to. I vaguely listen but I study her face instead.

She is incredibly beautiful. I'm aware that she is trying to go with the 'vintage' look which blends in well here but she still manages to look so unique.

I still can't believe I'm buying all this future bullshit but, she seems so sincere. Maybe when she made that wish it changed my life too, maybe that's why I feel like I should believe her.

"Earth to Elvis. Are you even listening?" Her voice cuts through my thoughts of her.

I smirk her way. "Of course I am."

She narrows her eyes. "Liar." Her English accent washes over my ears. It's not an accent I hear often and I like it.

I laugh. "Sorry Dawn, I guess I'm tired still."

She waves her hand at me and smiles before putting out her cigarette.

"What do ya wanna do today?" I ask, follow her lead and putting my cigar out.

"Don't you think you should go see Priscilla?" She asks giving me a side glance.

Anger flashes through me. Why should she want me to go see Cilla? I'm giving her all my attention and she wants me to go to Cilla? What the fuck?!

"Me and Cilla are not your concern." I snap.

"Alright. Jesus Christ. Don't get fucking snappy at me because I am wondering about your relationship after how you and I were last night." She snaps back getting equally as angry.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, cuddling with me and all that bullshit. You have someone. I'm not gonna be there when she isn't. So I suggest you go get her and bring her home."

"Cilla and I are over. I told you that. It's nothing to do with you. Last night, it was nice. I'm sorry if I made ya uncomfortable Dawn." I explain exasperated.

She purses her lips together like she's about to snap. She closes her eyes tightly then opens them quickly. When she does her eyes are dull with no emotion.

Shit.

"Elvis. You're an idiot."

Wait what?!

I'm shocked by her words and can't respond straight away. Before I could she continues.

"She obviously dotes on you. And yes I'm in your life now, for a reason that remains unclear but you barely know me. Take what you've got Elvis. Trust me."

I try to stop myself from laughing at her. Something about the way she spoke to me made all my anger evaporate. Which was weird cause if anyone else spoke to me like that it'd send me through the roof.

"What's so funny?!" She raised her eyebrows.

"You really do sound like a lawyer when you get angry." All the anger and tension between us gone she smiles slowly my way.

"Oh shut up." She rolls her eyes.

I hold my hand out to her. "Come on, let's do something today."

She looks at me then my hand for a second before she takes it and I lead her inside.
---------------------------
Hello! I am soooooo sorry it's been so long but I've been struggling to write and balance uni work. But here is an update!
Love ya all and your lovely comments.
Xoxo