Weekend Away

I knock softly on the door while undoing my tie slightly from its tight bind around my neck.

I sigh as I get no reply from the other side.

"Dawn? C'mon honey, I don't want ya to be upset." I knock again.

No reply. Panic rises in my throat.

What if she's gone?

I can't help myself, turn the door handle and find it open to let myself in.

The first thing I see is a suitcase in the floor.

Oh god.

I make my way further into the suite and my eyes immediately find the bed where I see this purple ball curled up in the centre.

I smile sadly at her, knowing today was hard for her and she only came to support me and I hadn't been around all day. I didn't even tell her how beautiful I thought she looks in that rich purple dress. It's definitely her colour.

I slowly walk over to the bed shrugging my jacket off, removing my tie and unbuttoning the top buttons on my shirt on the way before getting on the bed behind her and wrapping my arms round her middle so I'm spooning her.

"Hello darlin'." I kiss some exposed skin on her neck.

She groans slightly and nestles herself into me.

"I missed ya." I kiss her again. Her breathing stays heavy and she doesn't move.

She must be tired.

I shrug and take off my tux before shuffling the sheets from under Dawn to drape them over myself and her when I get into the bed next to her. I grab a couple pills out of my pocket from my jacket on the floor before popping them in my mouth. I curl myself around her again, getting ready to let the pills take effect.

"Mmm." I hear Dawn mumble as I pull her against my body.

"You alright honey?" I ask, my voice slowing now.

"Mmmmu." She mumbles again.

"What?"

"Mum." Her mom? I'm confused.

"Your mama honey? What about her?"

"I miss her." I lazily brush back her hair and kiss her head.

She misses her mama, of course.

I make a mental note to ask her when we wake about her and about the suitcase.

Then the pills take their full effect.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I wake feeling refreshed but still slightly lagging from the pills. I roll over and Elvis is in my bed sleeping soundly.

He came back.

I smile at him as shuffle to be closer to him. I realise I'm still in my dress from yesterday.

God I'm such a mess.

I tut at myself as I wrap my arm over Elvis' naked waist.

It's not long before his breathing falters and he wakes up.

"Mornin' darlin'." He mumbles sleepily before stretching under me then curling his arms around me.

"Morning." I smile into his chest. "I didn't think you'd come back to me last night, sorry I wasn't awake." I confess.

"Why wouldn't I have come back to you last night? I told ya before this whole thing is for show, I came here as soon as the photos were done." He kisses the top of my head.