Chapter 2 : Shorts and Thongs

CHAPTER 2 : Shorts and Thongs

~~~Stiles's POV~~~

"Hello, this is your captain speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts, and prepare for landing. It is currently 2:34 pm Adelaide time and is 25˚ celsius outside. I thank you for flying American airways, and hope you enjoyed your flight." The captain says over the loud speakers on the plane.

I sit up and look out the window.

The sun is shining bright and I can see the ocean from here. I can see a few surfers out on the water, and maybe some boats. It's kinda hard to tell from several kilometers in the air.

We arrive at the airport and get off the airplane. We collect our bags and get into a taxi.

About 15 minuted later we pull up to a cute little house. It's got a small iron black fence at the front. It's white brick and looks to only be one-story. I smile to myself. It looks so different to any house back home.

We get out and Dad pays the taxi driver, taking a while due to being confused by Australian money.

Dad unlocks the door and goes inside, me not far behind. We only have a suitcase each as the rest is being delivered tomorrow.

"Alright. So this is our new house Stiles. It's been provided by my work, so no rational decorations. They have also given us a car for when we are here. I'll be able to drop you off at school as my working hours are more flexible. Let's look around then get some pizza. How does that sound?" He says.

"Yep sounds good!" I say, actually excited to see the house.

We both walk around and find out what each room is and everything.

It's a two bedroom house, 1 1/2 bathroom and a decent sized kitchen.

"It's perfect Dad," I say looking at him with a smile. He smiles back and hands me my suitcase.

"Right you go start unpacking while I go get some pizza." He says. Grabbing the keys that were on the kitchen bench.

"Hey dad," I scream just before he goes into the garage.

"Yeah?" He yells back.

"Make sure you drive on the left side," I yell. I hear him chuckle before opening the garage door.

I just laugh to myself and make my way into my new room.

~~~~~~(next day)~~~~~~

I have finished unpacking everything and my room looks good.

The rest of our stuff came today, so Dad and I have been busy sorting it all out.

I fall onto my bed exhausted, the heat not helping. Even though the air-conditioning has been on full blast. Apparently, this is nothing compared to the summers. Mental note: go shopping for more t-shirts and shorts, and invest in some shoes other than converse.

I suddenly remember that I haven't called Scott yet. I jump up and look for my phone.

I find it on the floor and dial Scott's number.

—————————

Hello? Who is this?

Hey, Scotty, it's me, I have a new number now as a different country and all.

OMG STILES! How was the flight? GUYS STILES IS ON THE PHONE.

Yeah, it was alright, long.

STILES! *everyone*

Hey guys

What's it like over there? (Erica)