Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The club was alive with throbbing music. A wicked sexy song with enough bass to vibrate the marrow of my bones, the lead singer was seductive vampiress singing in Latin. The club had been especially designed with vampiric things, according to the holiday for them today in which the first vampire creation occured.

Yeah, holidays like that they could remember, but birthdays? To hell with them.

Hannibal and I stood near the bar, sipping drinks made to look like blood. We were both sweaty from dancing so much. We were taking a break from the bodies that writhed and jumping like bugs. It was particularly crowded tonight. Even getting to the bathroom had been difficult. It would probably stay like this for the next month, since vampires, contrary to some belief, were party animals and loved staying out all night, getting drunk, and then coming back in the morning to spend the rest of the day getting drunk. Best part was this was considered a paid holiday for vampire kind.

Kristoff and Bella had been here earlier, but Kristoff got a call from his twin brother in Las Vegas to come and see him for a couple of nights. It was kind of depressing because I wanted to ask Kristoff if there was any way I could take Hannibal's punishment to another level, one that was actually a punishment. I decided to tuck that piece of information away until I saw him next.

In the mean time, Hannibal had recovered from the incident with Dimitri and was back to gazing at me and doing everything I said. I could tell he was still unnerved because he felt like something bad was going to happen, but I think he just felt the after effects of what happened with Dimitri and Kye.

And, according to Kristoff, who had called earlier, Dimitri had been publicly punished by Theo's second-in-command, Sept, for his abuse towards Kye. Theo had made a public announcement that child abuse was a high crime and he would break the skull of anyone who even thought about doing it. I had asked Abel about Theo's focus on child abuse, and all Abel had told me was that Theo and his mother didn't get along. I could assume from that, that Theo's mother had been a horrible bitch to him. I wondered if that was why Theo himself had the tendency to be a bitch.

Kye had been fired from his job, though, much to our dismay and Theo was too busy beating the shit out of Dimitri to care about Kye's occupation. But, Dimitri had to pay a very expensive fine that hopefully allowed Kye to put down some cash for an apartment somewhere. I felt so sorry for the poor little guy.

"Can we go home, sir?" Hannibal asked after a while, sometime around midnight. I looked at him in surprised.

"What? Why? Aren't you having fun?"

"I don't feel well."

"Hannibal, if this is about your bad feeling, don't worry about it. We managed to handle Dimitri's situation just fine. Well, not perfectly, but things turned out a bit better. It's not that bad."

"It's not about that, sir."

"Hannibal, really," I assured him, turning to scan the crowds as I took a sip from my martini, "I don't think anything's wrong. You said that last week and nothing happened. I think you're just antisocial."

"I want to go home, master." I blinked and looked at Hannibal to see him staring at me intently. My heart throbbed at how serious he looked, and even better, he'd finally called me master! He had never done that before. I was beginning to think I'd actually just have to tell him to call me that, but he did it all on his own and that thrilled me. Even more, it made me want to push him down and take him all night long.

I smiled at him, pushing my martini onto the bar and leaving money behind for the bartender before I turned to take Hannibal's hands in mine. I gave him a nod and a kiss on the cheek before we vanished and reappeared in my apartment. As soon as we were there, Hannibal relaxed considerably. I put my arms around him and let him rest his head against my shoulder as I cradled him against me. We stood there for a while before he picked his head up to look at me directly.