「log 08/13」 • day 19, 22.02 pm

It was as if I was getting asked if I wanted to kill myself or get killed by Seven himself.

How can I choose to run away with him, knowing full well that he won't be happy inside without his family?

Seven was finally saying all the things that I wanted to hear...

And I had nothing to blame except myself, as I asked him for time to think about it.

My legs become weak when I remember the painfully sad expression on his face.

For him to decided that he doesn't deserve love, and family... For him to head to the idea of living a fake life...

Even though he wants me to be with him as he does, how could I?

How could I let the person I love go live a lie with me?

A lie where he could never be the person he is deep down, the person who deserves all the love in the world...

How could I be selfish enough to keep him all to myself, and let him stay, with scars?

How could I put bandage over his scars, instead of healing them when I had the chance?

"I can't let you run away from your responsibilities anymore" I announce, standing beside his computer screen.

He saves his files before he shuts his computer screen. He then stands up to face me and I see that his stern expression softens to an expressionless look.

"But I told you that I can't anymore... Don't you see? I tried so hard..."

And that's when it hits me.

Just how many times would he have had to put a happy mask on, even though he was hurting inside?

How many times would he save people... Knowing that he would always remain as the person saving eve, but never be saved in return?

This time, he does not push me away, when I wrap my arms around his shoulders.

Or rather he was tired of always doing what he had to do, all along.

"Please don't give up. Saeran is your brother. If you don't take care of him, no one else will." I take a pause, knowing what I said next would hurt him.

But some things just had to be said out loud, no matter how hurtful they are; Jumin once told me that, and he was right.

"Do you want Saeran to live a lonely and sad life like you have been, for all this time?"

I don't know how much time passed as he waited... And waited... And waited some more before giving a response.

"I would never."

"Then don't give up on Saeran. Don't give up on us. We love you, Seven. So please stop talking about running away, when all the things that mean everything to you are right here, waiting for you to-"

My sentence is broken off when I feel Seven's arms wrap around my back.

How beautiful it is, that your heart could have been shattered into millions of pieces... But it takes one person to glue them back, stronger than it had ever been before...

"This life would kill me if I didn't have you." He whispers, tightening his embrace.

"My heart would break without you."

"Thank you... I'm going to go see Saeran again." He says, moving away. I see that he has a determined expression on his face. Tears that had rolled down still fresh, his eyes red and probably as squinty as mine...

But I believed in him.

"Yes. Good idea, Seven."

He wipes his face with the sleeve of his jacket and adjusts his glasses.

"Come with me." He urges, and this time, I can say yes without blinking an eye.

"I regret not taking you there before."

"Of course."

"Hopefully, being stubborn like you will work." He replies.

And as I watch the way he runs ahead before I can punch him, I have a profound thought, hitting me right them.

It was going to be okay.

I had found the love of my life.

And I took it as my duty to stick by him, whatever the odds.

So that he can remain as the person as he was, so that he isn't forced to change.

They say that people get broken... But I believe that nobody gets broken; they only get bent. And it takes the right person to fix them, and the person can learn to love again.

I get a call on my phone five minutes after Seven enters Saeran's room.

"He's asleep... But I want to stay till he wakes up."

"If that's what you want to do, then you should do it."

"Thank you... Should I ask Jumin or Zen to come and drop you off back home?"

"I'll wait for you."

There is silence on his end, and I have a feeling that he might be smiling, to himself.

"...Thank you."

As I clutch the phone tightly, I think back to the past few days; even though there is a piece of me that still aches, my trust in Seven transcends everything else.

I can only pray that things work out...

That I can see a smile on his face.

A genuine smile, no masks attached.

---

a/n: scrEAM