Chapter 4

S.S.

I didn't want to kill him, but I had to. He knew who I was and I couldn't let that happen. I should've been more careful. I dragged his bloody dead body out of the room and into the subway far away. After I discarded his body, I heard voices. "Come on," a guy said. "No. I don't trust this," a girl replied. "What's there to be afraid of?" he cooed. "Well. There is that smell of death," she replied. I love unsuspecting victims, like poor dear old Sarah. Poor Sarah. The people kept arguing as I got closer and closer.

The girl's face turned into fear; but before she could scream, I knocked her out along with the guy. I grabbed them dragging them back to my lovely lair. Once I made it there, I set the girl on the table and strapped her down. I put muscle relaxer on her just in case. I tied the guy to the chair also using muscle relaxer. I sat on the counter by the sink and cleaned the knife before sharpening it. After a while, the guy woke up groggily. "What the?" he said noticing he was tied up. "Morning," I said smiling while lightly poking myself with the tip of the knife seeing how sharp it is. "Let us go," he said. Wait yelled. "Yeah no," I replied looking at him.

"Why?" he asked looking between me and the girl. "One, you've seen my face. I don't need you going to the cops and saying there is a crazed serial killer in here getting them killed. Two, you two wandered in here on your own so y'all trespassed onto my wonderful property. Or subway," I explained. "Johnny," the girl sleepily said. "Oh, princess is awake," I said with excitement. "What are you gonna do to us," he said serious. "Well Johnny boy, I'm going to kill you," I said in a sadistic manner.

"No, let her go. Kill me instead," he said staring at the girl. I sat there pretending I was thinking before saying, 'How 'bout no.' "Why are you doing this?" the guy asked once again. I slammed the knife into the counter breaking through the wood. I hopped off the counter and into his face. "I told you," I said smiling psychotically. "Now you get to watch your little girly die," I said pulling the knife from the counter. "Johnny," the girl cried. "Lisa, no. Please don't kill her," he begged. Oh, I love how they beg and plead for their futile lives.

"Please take me," I mocked him holding the knife to her throat. "Grow a pair." The girl- um- Lisa whimpered as I dragged the knife down to her stomach. It was the backside so it didn't cut her. "Ready," I said evilly. She shook fear clearly all on her face. You would probably think of something cliche like the guy breaking the ropes, the muscle relaxer wore off and attacking the murderer with a knife and killing me but seriously.

Think realistic. If it were you in this situation, would you really attack the killer and most likely die failing to save the one you love? Yeah, thought so. He tried to struggle but that doesn't seem to work out. The knife cut open her stomach so easy. So carelessly. Like a hot knife going through butter. She screamed in pain and he screamed her name. "They'll hear us," the guy said. "Ok one," I stopped what I was doing to face him. "Who goes into an abandoned subway besides idiots. That's begging for a killer to kill you. Two, if someone was to be here. This room is soundproof so only I will hear your beautiful screams."

I turned back to the girl and saw tears streaming down her porcelain face. "Monster," she said. "You aren't wrong," I say smiling. I do my usual routine. You know take out their internal organs. Johnny just cried his eyes out. "Aww is Johnny mad?" I cooed. "I can't believe she's dead," he said. "She died earlier than the other ones I killed," I said sadly. She died while I was taking out the kidney. I unstrapped her lifeless body and threw her to the floor. "You psycho!" he yelled crying. I laughed at his stupid retort. "Are you that broken? Can you give me a better insulting name? I heard worse from you exasperating humans," I said. I gave him more muscle relaxer before putting him on the table.

Alex POV

Everyone is dying. I hope Mia doesn't do what Kate did. That would be redundant. Just imagine that over and over again. I hope she doesn't. We never should have went. We should've left. Dang. There's only us left. I squeezed my eyes tightly and slammed my fist against my desk to keep the tears from coming out. We need to get out of here. Somewhere. Anywhere. I need to talk to Daniel and Mia. I texted Mia so we could meet at the café. She texted alright. I headed toward the café. Why? Why is this all happening? I stopped walking as I let out a shaky breath. Why? Will I ever have the answers? I continued walking. Once I made it, I walked in to see Mia with her head down. I sat across from her and touched her head. She looked up and her eyes red and puffy. "Mi-" "Our friends. Gone. Disappeared one by one. We should have never gone," she said as a tear fell. "Mia, it's gonna be alright," I tried to reassure her. "No it's not!" she said which caught a few people's attention. "Nothing will ever change." "Well when Daniel comes, we'll call the cops and tell them where to look," I said grabbing her hands. I heard my phone ring and I looked at the caller i.d. It was Daniel. "Where are you?" I asked answering. "Now now Alex, I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt," a voice said. I frowned. "Where's Daniel?" I asked. Mia looked at me. "He can't come to the phone right now," it replied.

"Who are you?" I asked. "The candy man," it replied sarcastically. "Haha, very funny," I replied. "I feel some hostility there," it replied. "Where is he?" I demand. It laughed before hanging up. Before I could call back, I got a text. It read: "Go to the subway. Then you shall see."