tyler; chapter four

// a/n: the chapters won't always just alternate between tyler and josh's pov, it'll just vary on whats occurring at the stage in the book //

first pov//

Honestly, I didn't really know why I'd opened the door or why I decided to run away for that short time. I don't really know why I do a lot of things. It was like there was this voice inside of me urging me to do things, and of course I'd do what they'd say, what else could I do?

The way I imagined them, well, I didn't quote know how to imagine them. It's all sort of a blur, so when I was seven and the blur came around, I called it what every seven year old would've called it; blurryface.

And in this moment blurryface told me to open that door.

My hand grabbed the doorknob, which was sort of cooled considering it was close to 10 degrees outside. I turned the cold knob and pulled the door open revealing a guy, probably my age, his hair was dark brown and curly, his teeth sort of like a tiger's maybe even sort of fanged, and his eyes squinted.

Now, I'm going to be completely honest here; I'm definitely not straight, but I wasn't so sure I was gay either. But this guy who stood in front of me made me think that I could be totally and utterly gay as hell.

"Um, hi, I'm Josh, Josh Dun." He said, putting his hand out, I assume, for me to shake. A nervous smile was painted on his lips, his mocha brown eyes jumping around the room.

I took his hand in mine, almost immediately I could feel how calloused his hands were, and shook it, not very firmly, I didn't want to give off the impression that I was somehow stern or something.

"Oh, I'm Tyler, Tyler Joseph." I said with a half smile, trying my best to react to all of this. I hadn't talked to anyone besides the small group of friends I had on the basketball team.

Before you went crazy, that is. And there it was again, the thoughts that drove me insane; blurryface. I just shrugged the uneasy thought away.

The nervousness from his smile faded a bit, "Well, you see, I'm sort of...new in town and I don't have a place to stay, so I was wondering if I could stay the night here — just for the night, it's that's alright with you."

I was almost taken aback; no, I was taken aback. This Josh guy wanted to stay the night here, of course it wasn't up to me but—

"Tyler, who's this?" I heard my mom say as she walked up behind me.