Chapter 28 [End]

"Facing forward, and going straight even though we may be dizzy from spinning around and around."

December, 31st

"Grab the bottle of Wine to bring as a gift" Hani spoke excitedly through the phone

Taehyung hurriedly ran through the apartment, making sure he had everything before heading out. "Okay, darling."

"Love you! I'll see you soon at Jin's house Bye Bye~"

Tae's iPhone screen dismissed the call before returning back to his home screen, he had set his phone down on the coffee table before running back into the kitchen to grab the wine for his friends, Jin and Namjoon. It was the New Year and his girlfriend, Hani, thought it would be rude not to bring a "New Year's gift" for the newly wed couple. The boy sighed before fixing the loosely hung tie around his neck.

"Wine check. Tie check. Phone.." Taehyung whispered to himself before walking into the kitchen to get his phone.

Smiling to himself the male headed into the living room where the T.V softly played in the background, it was switched to the News even though he didn't watch it. Just as his slender finger reached for the 'Off' button, a newscaster caught his attention.

"Even though it is soon to be a Happy New Year, today is not a happy day for some. A 24-year-old male was found unconscious around 8 this morning, he is in a critical state and barely holding on."

Taehyung slowly drew his hand away from the T.V. listening to the woman's words. Something didn't feel right, and usually, his gut feeling was always right.

"The male was identified as Park Jimin. As suspected by investigation police says it was an attempted suicide by swallowing an abundance of dieting pills."

The world stopped suddenly

The snow that fell outside could be heard

And the reporter's words sounded like white static.

Taehyung's eyes stayed glued to the T.V as a picture of Jimin popped up in the right-hand corner of the screen. He was smiling in the picture, his eyes shaped like crescents. If only he knew how much Tae missed that smile or the way he would laugh.

"Park Jimin was found in his bathroom, slumped over with the bottle of pills and phone in hand. Police have taken the phone to see if it has any more information. When the report comes in we will update, but as of now back to you Anchor Choi"

The newscast then switched to the main anchor who spoke little on the suicide, before transitioning to the forecast for the week.

Did this mean nothing to them, was it all a joke?

Taehyung was shaking, his mouth agape. His mind raced with thousands of questions, and he didn't want to accept the fact that Jimin could be gone. He instantly felt sick at the thought. Slowly Taehyung walked to the couch and sat down his head in his hands.

Why did it have to happen to someone so precious?

Hot tears welled in his eyes as he let out a cry, tugging at his hair, he screamed into the silent apartment. With irregular breathing and the need to frantically swat at his soaked face, Taehyung couldn't help the rising panic attack. 

He tried to breathe, but nothing worked. When he tried to close his eyes Jimin's smiling face would haunt him as if he were burned onto the insides of Taehyung's eyelids. 

The Constant buzzing of text messages being received filled the room. Weakly Taehyung reached for his phone while blinking away the blurriness his tears had caused.

Once he read the contact's name his heart silently broke more.

30 messages from Jimmine ~

It couldn't be.

Why now.

Why when he knew, Jimin was possibly unobtainable now.

When he knew he could possibly never be able to see his face or hear his voice again.

Maybe if he had gotten the messages earlier he could have saved him.

Or was this inevitable..?