Chapter Twenty-Four

They all ran up to the opening of the camp entrance. It really was well hidden. It seemed to take them forever to find but they finally did and they were impressed. "I'll go first," Moosepelt told them before looking into the hole. It led underground and hopefully was bigger than it appeared to be at the top. The hole was a bit tough to squeeze through but she managed to, and so did the others.

They all looked around. There were a ton of bushes inside of this place, considering this was underground. Some of them were dead except the ones by the entrance, since rain has the capability of dropping in. They all separated and explored further. The area was a lot bigger than all of them had anticipated. There were holes in the walls as well. Some were small and rat-sized, but there were even a few that were big enough for cats to get into and share a warm sleeping space. The only thing this place didn't seem to have was a Highrock for Clan Meetings. There was no place they could even dig one out, either. There were some stones but none of them would work as a proper Highrock, and that bummed them out.

When they met back up, they discussed what they all found and it was mainly the same; long walkways that led to different areas. The Highrock problem could always be fixed later, but the next thing was to find prey, stay here for the night and then move on to find where the moonstone would be... The moonstone was the most important thing to all the cats and that was their next goal.

Moosepelt was up bright and early, although there were good chances that it was still dark outside, despite it being mid leaf-bare. They were finding good amounts of prey and had even created a small pile, because they knew they wouldn't be leaving straight away. They had to check out the entirety (Is this a word? I didn't know what else to write... xD) of the territory first. They went the entire perimeter possible and then checked the inside area around. There was a little clearing surrounded by giant bushes and trees that would suit as a training area for the apprentices. There were also many good hunting spots, where they all scented prey strongly. They agreed it was an excellent place for their Clan to live, but what of the Moonstone? That was the one thing they needed. They decided to go back to the Camp and eat what they had left of their prey pile and then rest for a bit before going on another long trek that night.

Night came quickly, it seemed. They went out and this time, they satisfied Bluepaw's needs for herbs and they found good places and Bluepaw set up little plants that could grow, planting a few more so maybe they'd survive through the rest of leaf-bare if the other herbs didn't. One last mission... find the Moonstone's replacement.

Yeah... my chapters are growing shorter, I know. It's because I don't want to write everything in one, or keep you guys reading on and on forever, and my writing can also start to get repetitive, which I'm positive some of you have noticed. I'm glad you've read this far... and if you didn't.. well I'm sorry I bored you to death. Well! That's it for now!

~ Rachel