#69: Song Preference #3

(This is based off the song "I Wish" by One Direction!)

(His P.O.V.)

Sal: "But I see you, with him slow dancing... Tearing my apart cause you don't see..." I ran my fingers through my hair, banging my clenched fist against the counter of the bar. It was the first time I'd been out since the breakup, and it was a mistake because it turned out Y/N was at the same party. It didn't surprise me that she was attracting all of the guys... I mean she was breathtaking. The way her eyes sparkled under the lights... The way her hair fanned out over her shoulders when she turned her head. Her smile never ceasing to make my heart beat a little bit faster. My eyes wandered back over to where she was standing... She was slow dancing with a guy... Tears were brimming my eyes... Oh how I wish that it was me....

Brian (Q): "He looks at you, the way that I would... Does all the things, I know that I could. If only time could just turn back..." Tonight was the night I was going to do it... I was going to ask out Y/N... It was at a party, and I knew she was going to be attending... And I knew that it was the right time. I felt different around Y/N. Whenever she came around, butterflies developed in my stomach, my heart skipped a beat... My palms grew clammy. I'm not sure exactly what it was about her that did this to me. Everything about her was perfect. She was not like any other girl I had met before. I felt like it was meant to be that we got together... And tonight was the night. I was about to walk up to her, when I saw her talking to another guy. The way she looked into his eyes.. I knew. He gently kissed her on the cheek... and that's when I knew I was too late.

James (Murr): "He takes your hand, I die a little... I watch your eyes, and I'm in riddles. Why can't you look at me like that?" I was having a great time at my friend's party. We were having a great laugh, just dancing and having a generally great time... Despite the heartbreak I had been going through. Y/N had just got a new boyfriend, and I had to admit... The only emotion I could feel was envy. I wanted to be the one kissing her, calling her everyday to make her laugh. Taking her on dates, and being with her everyday. Why couldn't she see how much I cared for her? I shook the thoughts out of my mind, but grew very confused when I saw the surprised look on my friend's faces. I turned around to see what they were looking at. There she was... Looking more beautiful than ever. With that guy picking up her hand, entwining her fingers with his as they walked onto the floor. The way she was looking at him... It broke my heart even more. Why couldn't she be looking at me like that?

Joe: "Whenever you kiss him, I'm breaking... Oh how I wish that it was me..." I guess everyone knew how I really felt about Y/N... how I wanted to be more than friends... But she never saw that. As much as I wanted her to see that I loved her. And that I would be there when she needed someone to talk to, and that she could always lean on me whenever she needed. Just a phone-call and I would be by her side. But she found someone else... And it broke my heart. The way he would pull her in close to him, pressing his lips to her. The way her arms were wrapped around his neck... The embrace radiated love... and it was a kind of feeling that I wanted to experience and share with her. And only her. I wanted it to be me...