Chapter 6

Troy and I sat in the grass outside as I read him the first chapter. His reply was that this place was haunted. I agreed with him of course. "We should get the laptop and find out what really happened here."

"Yeah!" Troy agreed. Just then as we were sitting in the grass, Troy pointed to the trees off in the distance. "Look there's someone out there."

Sure enough, there was someone out there walking around. It looked like a little girl. "Where did she come from? The nearest road or house is nearly 15 miles away from this place." I said.

"Should we go check on her?" Troy asked.

I shrugged. "Why not? There's nothing else to do anything."

The two of us walked towards the person. The closer we got to her the more we were able to realize she was a small girl. No more than seven years old. She had wild matted hair, glasses that were shattered on one side, and clothes that look like they haven't been washed in months. She didn't look too afraid of us.

"Hi!" She said cheerfully. "I'm Katie." She walked towards us and shakes our hands.

"Hi." We replied.

She looked in the direction of the house. "You must be the new owners."

We nodded. "Yeah, we are." Troy said.

"It was a nice house," She continued. "Until Mrs. Doherty punished us."

Troy and I didn't say anything. We looked at each other like, what is she talking about. She must have read our thoughts because she started explaining what she meant.

"Mr. and Mrs. Doherty built the house in 2004." She stared at the house. I could see the bad memories building up inside of her.

"You'd better tell us what happen, Katie. We're pretty spooked out ourselves." Troy said sitting in the grass. We all sat in the grass now.

"Mrs. Doherty died in 2014. She was a blind woman who loved her husband dearly. Mr. Doherty asked her what was dream and she said to have a house that was painted black. He took advantage of her and painted the house white to his liking thinking she would never see it. One day, her friend takes Mrs. Doherty to get surgery as a surprise for her husband. The surgery goes well and when she is taken back to the house she sees it to be white. Not only that., she catches her husband cheating and finds out she's been living with them in the house for years. Mr. Doherty's girlfriend, being afraid accidentally killed the blind wife in self-defense."

"Wow." Troy said. "How selfish is that."

"What did Mr. Doherty do?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I think he left with his girlfriend. Mrs. Doherty's body was never found. Some say they burned her and that her ghost haunts the house."

I shivered. "That's so creepy."

Troy nodded. "Yeah. You know what's creepier?" He faced Katie. "We saw this man there. He was burnt to a crisp."

Her eyes lit up. "My sister use to see him too!"

"You mean, Anna?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's my sister. How do you know her name?"

"I found her diary." I replied.

Troy looked at the house. "What happened to Anna?"

Katie's eyes began to fill with tears. "Mrs. Doherty has her." She said.