Nigel Imagine

Imagine:
You and Nigel were dating, however since he had gone into the war, you haven't seen him very often. You wrote to him every 2 weeks, and got excited each and every time you got a letter from him. Not only was it a letter from your boyfriend; it was also a sign that he was still alive.

One day, you got a letter from Nigel. It was odd to you, because you usually didn't get letters from him so quickly. Upon opening the letter, you found a card written in Nigel's best handwriting. He had obviously taken a lot of time since his letters were usually sloppy and rushed, but you loved them anyways.

My dearest (Y/N)I am overjoyed to tell you that I am coming home in a week's time

My dearest (Y/N)
I am overjoyed to tell you that I am coming home in a week's time. However, I simply cannot wait any longer. We've dated for years now, and I love you dearly. Please, (Y/N), will you marry me? If you accept, please meet me at the airport in a week. If I do not see you there, I will understand, but I will be saddened.
Love you,
Corporal Nigel Sheffield

And at the bottom of the card you found a silver engagement ring. You dropped the card in shock and cried happy tears. Your love was coming home alive, and he wanted to get married.

So after waiting the terribly long week, you met Nigel at the airport where all the soldiers were coming home from

So after waiting the terribly long week, you met Nigel at the airport where all the soldiers were coming home from. You went up on your toes and scanned the sea of men until your eyes locked with familiar green ones. "Nigel..." You breathed out and ran to him.
-time skip-
Today was your wedding. You were marrying the love of your life. You couldn't wait to see him. Since Nigel came home, you hated being apart even for a few moments. After ages of waiting, you heard the music begin to play. That was your cue.

You walked down the isle, eyes locked with Nigel's. He was wearing a black tux, and all his military pins and ribbons were temporarily fastened on.  You were wearing a simple but elegant wedding gown with flower accents, and a veil tiara over your face.

Nigel was taken back by how gorgeous you looked

Nigel was taken back by how gorgeous you looked. The priest began to speak, but you could hardly remember what was being said, you were captivated in Nigel's eyes. "Do you, (Y/N) take Nigel Sheffield to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold?"
"I do."
"And do you, Nigel, take (Y/N) (Y/LN) to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold?"
"I do."
"You may now kiss the bride."

(Anyone who knows me knows I can almost never finish a real fanfic, and I'm stuck in my "Sounds Of Silence" fanfic right now, so be expecting a bunch of random imagines. Enjoy!)