Story of the Rose Petals in the Wind begins

Rose Petals in the Wind

By: Cutegirlmayra1

(I got obsessed with this couple again XP lol, now I'm like, need a break from Zelda....)

Amy rose stood on the right side of the road,... again. It was almost afternoon, Sonic, if this was one of the three out of five times he actually showed some kind of pattern in his running, was going to dash by at lightening speeds.

Amy, having been preparing for this moment, had a perfect plan for making him stop this time. She gently, but trying to be attractive(failing, may I add), moved her leg up slightly next to her other one. Then placed one hand on her hip, and the other on her head. "All I have to do now is wink, and Sonic will be mine~" she chimed. She stood there and waited for what seemed like forever... but nothing happened. "Ohhh..!" she broke formation, growing impatient and unhappy. "WHERE IS HE?! SOOONIICCC!" in her fit of rage, she screamed out his name. "You can't just leave me here all alone..." she started to calm down, and sighed in disappointment. Putting both hands to her hips, she pouted, "Now Amy, what have we learned about giving up on Sonic?" "Not too? That's a girl." she suddenly responded to herself. "Good pep talk." she resumed position. "I must always be ready."

"...Amy..? What are you..uh.. Doing?"

Amy didn't move from her position of what she supposed was attractive, but she did move her eyes and head slightly, seeing a familiar yellow fox. She looked upset, she must of hoped it was Sonic. "Hmph, I'm waiting for Sonic!" she stated openingly. "And you?"

"Ha, I figured." the boy placed on hand on his head and scratched it awkwardly. "However, the pose looks a bit mature for you. Is that what your going for? Oh, and I was just going to Station Square to get some stuff. Groceries, tools, oil for the Xtornado, you know, a list of sorts." Tails smiled and looked to Amy then, as if he knew something she didn't. "You know.. You could come too... if you want?" he offered.

"...hmm...NOPE." she closed her eyes and stubbornly lifted her nose in the air. "I can't miss Sonic, who knows if he'll be coming soon. And what do you mean trying!? I am mature! I've always acted mature.." she turned around to scold him, and then broke formation. "Besides... what if I go and don't see him today..." she sounded awfully lonely.

"...." Tails looked at her with pitty, and then sighed. "Alright, you made me worry enough about you for one day. Sonic's off at Eggman's base, beating up his new batch of robots. How about I treat you to ice cream, then you can come back and pose for Sonic's arrival all you want. Deal?" he was such a good friend, Amy almost teared up thinking about how nice he was being to her right now.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she turned around with chibi tears in her eyes. "Can't you see I've been waiting forever?!" she ran up to him, wiping her tears away. "Your younger than me, sniff, but you always act like my older brother...Ohh~" she embraced him, catching him off guard.

"U-uh, Amy? I can't...gasp, breathe!" Tails struggled in her sudden show of affection. "Air..."

"Oh! Sorry! Hehe, I tend to be stronger than I think sometimes..." she let go of him, and he gasped for air, but then smiled again to her, this time with a sweat drop on the side of his face.

"It's okay, Amy. And I'm happy to be there for you. Someone's got to take care of you when Sonic's not around." he wagged his tails, apparently, that statement made him very happy. "So..? Shall we go?"

"Sure!" Amy skipped along, walking with Tails to the train station.

Back in the city, Amy was licking her ice cream, strawberry of course, while Tails was looking over his list of things to buy. "Let's see... Amy.. Could you carry some stuff for me..?" he asked, seeming to have already decided in his head that that would be her job.