When the Wind Looks Back

When the Wind looks back

By: Cutegirlmayra1

(0-0 woah, so.. This is intense! people are reviewing me! T-T dude, so. Happy. Right. Now. This will be the final chapter, sadly, but thank you for supporting me! Please, if you loved this story, I have plenty more where that came from~ check out my other Sonamy stories by clicking my name at the top! Love ya! And thanks for reading! ^^ )

That night, Sonic rested upon a tree's limb, hands behind his back, eyes closed, and one leg hanging off the tree. He wasn't really asleep yet, but only really resting his eyes. The wind blew gently, and he squinted his eyes further.

Suddenly, on this very day, a gust of powerful wind flew by the rose. She wondered, "What was that?" and all of a sudden, her petals flew off after it! One by one. At first, she didn't know what to think of it, then she noticed, she was in the wind.

He slowly opened his eyes, but just barely, looking thoughtfully forward, with a sense of sadness in his eyes.

She was flying! She was soaring over mountains, streams, and shores. She was literally being lifted to new lands and going on adventures here and there! She was so happy, she danced in the wind, almost like thanking it for letting her be taken with it on this freedom voyage.

He sighed and got up, placing an arm on his raised up leg, and stopping the other one from swinging below him. He looked down, recalling the story further in his mind... Amy's voice particularly lingered in his memory. He began recalling the little pink hedgehog he once knew as 'Rosie the Rascal' and how he really had just swept her off her feet, and carried her away to a safe haven... but for Amy, he knew that haven was his arms.... But for him.. It wasn't the same thing...

But then... The rose petals suddenly floated uneasily to the ground, as the wind became gentler, and let them fall..." Amy closed her eyes again and moved her head back in front of her. "She called to the wind, "What happened? Where are you going? What have I done?"

"Nothing... you've done nothing wrong, Amy..." he let his head lean back and hit the tree's trunk, closing his eyes again.

but the wind carried on...

"You really think I would carry on..? Without you?" Sonic couldn't take it anymore, he jumped out of the tree, a little 'bong' noise with his leap. He fell to the ground, and the moment his feet touched earth, he dashed through the land. A silent break in the world's natural order, as he sped past fields, mountains, and plains.

The wind moved on, and the rose petals were left to dream of the next day, when the wind would carry them away again, and not leave them stuck there forever.

"Enough....ENOUGH!" he jumped in the air, dodging a pitiful fall where the earth split in two, and landed on the other side. With one leg out first, it only took him a moment to recover as he sped off again. "I've never left you... you know that." he clinched his teeth. "I could never leave you... as long as you call me your hero... I will never stop protecting you."

In Tails workshop, a doorbell was heard and Tails quickly got off his knees from fixing up the Xtornado, his pride and joy, to rush to the door and answer it. "Hello? U-uh... Sonic?"

Sonic stood there, leaned against the door frame to the left, looking straight before looking to Tails. "We need to talk..." he walked in, not acting his usual self at all. This worried Tails as he quickly shut the door and ran to his computer desk, sitting in his comfortable chair, "What's up?" he asked, knowing something was wrong.