Chapter 1: The After Taste

A week has past since the incident within the school. After police investigation, government officials have decided it to be a good time to reopen the school again. They say it seemed to have been multiple bodies blended into the slop they call curry. Though, they can't identify any of them. Jeez, I wonder why....

  I still find myself in shock from it all. The tremble in my hand. The smell in my nostrils. The taste against the tip of my lips... It was all like something I've never desired before. Something I never thought I'd ever get to taste.... The taste of human flesh.

  I been held for questioning for nearly four days now. It seems out of all the other students in the entire school, who ate the schools lunch. I ate the most. They ran multiple test on me. I've spent more than just hours in there. They were serious. They wanted to make sure I didn't attract anything. Or knowingly eat it for that matter.
  What a waste. Even if the loser who got himself chopped up, blended and devoured by moi, had an disease. He wouldn't have any effect on my body. I'm immune to EVERYTHING.

  Why, once when I was eleven. Mom and dad, decided it would be  a great idea to take a child to the desert of New Mexico for an "adventure" as they so called it. Funny thing is. Some shady guy also thought it was a good idea to sell inland taipan (fierce snake) venom to a kid. Told me it was Soda. I drink it. It had no effect on me of course. But he still went to jail for trying. At least he tried.

    Anyway, now that that's all over. I find myself heading back to school. And of course. I've become the center of attention.

  "The Chinese Hannibal," as they call it.

  Even though I'm America... Fuck, I hate that.... Not like white people here get called British. Anyway, that's just my life. Along side getting interrogated and probed for a week. It's not so bad. Not like I had many friends anyway. Truthfully, I just don't feel any real connection to people. Not like how I do Samuel. I don't know why, but I feel if given the choice. I'd rock that guy's world...

                                                              *********

  It's my first step into the school and I can already feel all their stares falling upon me. I can hear them whispering my name. The uneasy look in their eyes. The way the pull in their shoulders when I walk by. They fear me, they're disgusted by me, they barely even see me as human. Starting to feel like I'm the only one to literally even touch the meat. I know they all have to at least tasted it. Some probably even ate it before realizing it was something funny. But no, I'm the one who's been pointed out for it. Head hunted. Only to help relive them. To make them feel better about what happened. Provide them a safe space, well fuck those guys. I have class.

  I make way over to my locker, I see Samuel standing by. His locker's right next to mine after all. Now that I think about it. I wonder how he feels about me? Is he like everyone else I seen. Does he still see me as a human? Does he still see me as a friend? Or am I just another voice in the wind.

  "Yo, yo, what's up motherfucker," I say as I raise my hand up for a high-five to Samuel. (That's my attempt at being edgy by the way.)

  He slightly shifts his eyes towards me. But then shoves his head back into his locker. Digging around for lord knows what.

  "Hey Lizzy," he responds.

  "There's a high-five right here from a sexy ass Asian. You're just like: 'Hi Lizzy.'" I taunt in my best, monotone voice.

  "I know," he sighs.

  I quickly turn into my locker, trying to make the best out of an awkward. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I'm nearly turning red. So weird, I feel like I just really open up to him now. Like after all that's happen. I don't have much reason to hold back. I feel like a new person. Haha, maybe that meat did do something to me.