Powerplay

The detective and her loyal accomplice made their way up to the reception of your highly successful hotel.

The design was exceptionally befitting to yourself.

You saw yourself as a power player. A force to be reckoned with. A woman with a man's influence in the world. Too bad they didn't like you all that much.

Disappointing. I was looking forward to some competition even though it wouldn't be worthwhile. You always thought.

Your strict attitude towards competition in the business industry got you where you were. At the top of the food chain. You the queen and everyone else, the prey. And you loved every single second of it.

The lift bell rung as the sliding doors opened revealing two people who looked out of place.

"Detectives, this way," your assistant Janet called out to them. You stayed at your detailed, specially made, desk typing away at emails and messages.

The double doors to your office were flung open as two people walked in seeming in a hurry by the sound of their footsteps.

"5 minutes," you stated. Not looking up from your computer.

"Oh--right." She shuffled
"I'm detective Chloe Decker and this is my partner Lucifer Morningstar. We'd like to as you a couple of questions about your whereabouts on Thursday the 13th at around 8:15 am"

You looked up for the first time and saw a tall blond haired woman who was well built and leaked confidence. She looked you straight in the eye giving off an authoritative aura. She spoke strongly and was assertive of her surroundings.

On the other side of the room stood a tall man with slicked back black hair. He looked around touching bits and bobs that lay around your office. He went around admiring your artwork and design of your elegant office. He didn't seem at all interested with his partner's work. He often glanced across, smiling to you, showing interest in one thing.

"I was on my way to work. I was being driven by Jill, my usual driver but he seemed a bit off. He thought I wouldn't notice. He didn't arrive on time and he drove past the hotel. Twice. So I sent him home. Thought he needed some rest. Haven't seen him since." You finally answered. The detective looked at you confused, as if she was expecting, 'less detail'.

"I can tell you detective, I'm not the kind of person who lawyers up because police officers come snooping around. I've got nothing to hide." You stood up from your seat and answered as you walked towards Chloe who was standing in front of your large desk.

"Right. Of course you don't. And--" The detective's statement was cut short.

"Are you sure about that?"
Lucifer enquired, now standing closer to you. "Tell me, what do you desire the most, y/n?"

His deep brown eyes were heavenly. His voice was smoother than any other you've heard before. His presence made you weak at the knees. You tried not to buckle at the weight of his piercing stare. Something about him excited you. You wanted to go through and figure him out cell by cell. But you couldn't. Otherwise you would be breaking your own rules.

"To get a 6 month holiday, twice a year. Now Mr Morningstar I would appreciate it if you didn't stand that close to me. Personal space"