The Great Cultural Divide

"So we have resolved everything I hope."

"Yes ma'am, thank you." Petyr answered. Petyr stood up and gestured Sansa to follow him out.

The walk back to Petyr's apartment was quiet. The pair did not talk, fearing the other's reaction to this whole situation. They arrived at the apartment. Petyr reached into his pocket grabbing his keys. He opened the door and let Sansa go in first. Sansa looked around the apartment. For a man, Petyr was clean. Nothing was out of place. He had a lot of art hanging up on his wall. A beautiful black piano was sitting on the side of the room. 

"Come follow me." Petyr called out. Sansa turned around to see him standing behind her. She followed and he lead her through a hallway. He pointed to the door straight ahead.

"That is my room." He pointed to the right of him. "This is your bathroom, there is one inside my room so don't worry about me." He pointed to the left of them. "And this is your room." He opened the door and led her inside. The room had a queen sized bed. It had a dark gray duvet with white pillows. There were a dresser and a desk.

"I hope this is sufficient for you."

"Yes. Thank you, Mr. Baelish. I don't know how to repay your kindness to an outsider like me."

"Nonsense, I'm just doing my job Miss Stark. I hope to be a good host as well as a teacher to you."

"Trust me Mr. Baelish, you are more than a good host and teacher." Sansa smiled. Petyr nodded. Unable to answer to her kindness. 

"Well, you should make yourself at home since you'll be staying here for the remainder of the year. I'll be in the kitchen making dinner." Petyr walked out and left Sansa to rest. She walked around the room admiring everything by running her hands on them. Everything to the lamp, the desk and chair. Everything was so nice. She looked at the bed and jumped in it. It was the most comfortable bed she has ever laid on. The pillows were of nice fluff, the duvet was a dark gray silk. She laid on the bed and in a few moments fell fast asleep.

.

.

.

Petyr headed to the kitchen to cook something up for him and his guest. He didn't know what she would be interested in so he decided to make a simple chicken soup. He got all the ingredients from the fridge and the cupboards.

After about 30 minutes he finished. He walked to Sansa's room to find the door ajar. He knocked on the door hoping to get her attention.

"Miss Stark?" He called. He didn't get a reply so he called out a little louder.

"Miss Stark?" He knocked. He decided to push open the door open slowly to see why she wasn't answering. Then he saw her on the bed sleeping. She looked so peaceful. So innocent. Fragile. Petyr couldn't stop looking at her. She looked interesting. He wanted to know more about her.

He started to walk up to the bed to get a closer look at the woman, but then the floorboard creaked loudly, which woke Sansa up.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him groggily and in a confused state.

"Mr. Baelish?" Sansa said surprisingly, pulling the covers against her frame.

"Sansa... I-I just wanted to let you know that dinner is done. If you want to eat you're welcomed to join me."

"Oh thank you Mr. Baelish. I'll be right out." She smiled tiredly. He nodded and walked out into the hall, closing the bedroom door after him.

Sansa sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes. She sighed and got out of the bed and headed out to join her teacher for dinner. She opened the door slowly and tiptoed to see where he was. She peered around the corner to see him fussing in the kitchen setting everything up. She walked out from behind the wall "Mr. Baelish?" she said trying to get his attention. He turned around quickly and met her eyes.

"Miss Stark! Here, Here, have a seat, I'm just getting the table ready." Sansa complied and took a seat at the table. Sansa watched as Mr. Baelish got her a bowl of soup. He placed it right in front of her, wiping his head with a cloth afterward.

Sansa spooned the soup and ate it. It was delicious. Just like her mother used to make. She smiled to herself, feeling a wave of sadness filling her whilst thinking about her family. Her family that was long gone.

Petyr saw this and became worried. Did the soup burn her? Was it too salty? Did she not like it?

"What's wrong Miss Stark?"

Sansa looked up and stifled a laugh. "Nothing, Mr. Baelish. Your soup is really good. Thank you." she smiled. He nodded and got a bowl of soup for himself and joined her at the table.

"Mr. Baelish, can I ask you a question?"

"Anything Ms. Stark."

"Why is Westeros so different from Essos?" She said quietly. He looked up to her and saw her curious expression on her face.

"Well as you can tell, our lifestyles are very different-"

"But why? Why is everyone different here? Everyone respects one another, not that I'm saying it bad, but back home we fight for what's right, we-"

"That's what's different Miss Stark. We don't fight here, there's no reason to. We learn to respect one another."

"It's not love though." She said quietly, stirring her soup watching the vegetables swirl around the bowl. 

"There's no love here Miss Stark. Only respect. Love is not in our system." Sansa looked up to him. "What happened?" Petyr sighed.

"Ever since the great Cultural Divide that happened years ago, we were...forced to change. The leaders of Westeros, the Lannisters envisioned a world of nonviolence, a world with no emotional or physical pain. They created a c-cure to terminate those feelings."

"What?" Sansa said in a bit of a shock. She couldn't believe her ears. Westeros wasn't just different. They were a whole new world. A whole new society. A utopia of someone's dreams. The Lannisters. It was their fault.

"I-I noticed that I wasn't feeling the same. Did they administer the cure to me?"

"No... Well...Yes- You were given some inhabitants to control your emotions." Sansa dropped her spoon which took Petyr aback. Her eyes wide with shock and a hint of fear.

"They can't do this to me Mr. Baelish. I-I need to go back home." Sansa ran into her room and held the pillow close to her. She did not want to be a completely different person. She would rather die than not to feel any feelings.

"Sansa! Wait..." Petyr watched her stand up and run to her room. He followed after her and saw that the door was closed.

"Miss Stark?" He called out, knocking on the door gently. He opened it slowly and saw her sitting on the bed clutching the pillow close to her. He walked towards the bed and sat at the edge.

"I'm sorry about everything. I know it's hard taking all of this in." 

"I'm not letting them change me." she said as she looked into his eyes. "I don't want to become a different person. You can't let them do this to me Mr. Baelish please."  Petyr scooted closer to her. 

"I can't tell them what to do. They are very powerful people. They won't take a person like me seriously. I was lucky to even get this job. But I can't change what will happen to you. I'm sorry." He stood up and walked out of the room closing the door.