Chapter 3

Chapter 3

<Jess>

I pull up to the Dark Shadow house. It's big but not as big as mine. I get out handing my keys to a valet.

"Ready?" Kyle asks. "I was born ready." I laugh. Excitement goes through my stomach. That's weird. I don't even like dances.

We walk in. People are greeting us and bowing. I look around. The women are in fancy dresses, and the men are in black and white tuxes.

I grab some champagne, and sit down. People are dancing and having a good time. My stomach still feels weird. It's twisting in knots.

The crowd parts. On the other side of the room I see a girl my age. My heart jumps inside my chest. "Mate." I breathe. She stares at me with wide eyes.

She is beautiful. Blonde hair runs down to her perfect breasts. Her eyes are as blue as the sea. She's wearing a long white dress on her perfectly toned body.

I'm speechless. It's like I'm staring at a goddess. I get up and start walking to her. She does something very unexpected, she stands up and runs through the crowd. Away from me.

'Go after her!' My wolf Jade yells in my head. 'Well, thanks for showing up finally.' I tell her. 'It wasn't my fault, I was blocked off.' She tells me.

I keep looking in the crowd. She's not here. My heart is pounding. No I can't lose her. "Kyle, where are you!" I scream through the link. He answers back immediately.

"Dancing, what's going on?" "I found my mate, she ran away. Find her! She is blond and in a white dress." "On it." He says.

I run outside, and smell. It smelled like jasmine. My favorite. She was here. I run into the woods, following her smell. The jasmine in the air doesn't take long to find her.

I here voices. "This one is going to be fun." A man says. Smack. I run out as I hear it. He is leaning over her. Another man was standing back. She's holding her face crying. I growl.

Rage, It flowed through me like water. He hit her. My mate, my love. I run, grabbing the man that hit her. I rip his head off. My wolf is almost in full control.

I go in front of her, and face the other man. I recognize him. "Steven." I growl again. He starts walking back his hands in front of him. His face in pure terror.

"It's not what it looks like." Steven says frantically. Anger flashes through me. He betrayed me. He has to die. I step forward, ready to rip his heart out.

"Stop." A small but powerful voice says behind me. I freeze. My heart drops hearing her amazing voice.

Kyle then steps out of the woods with a few of my other pack members. "What's going on?" He says looking between me and Steven. "Betrayal." I spit out still growling.

"Take him back to the house, put him in a cell. No food or water." I snarled out clenching my fists. The pack members grab him roughly, leading him out of the clearing.

I turn around and drop next to my mate. "Are you alright?" I ask her. She's still holding her cheek. Her dress is ripped. I grab her hand softly and pull it away. Her cheek is red and bleeding a bit. I growl.

No one will ever hurt her again as long as I live. Her sea blue eyes stare into mine making me melt. "Your eyes were red." She stammered out.

"Yeah. They do that when I'm angry." I answered. "You're my mate." She states. "Yes." I take my leather jacket off and put it around her shoulders. "Can you stand?" I ask softly.

"No, I think I broke my ankle." I look down at her feet. One ankle is swollen. I get angry again. This shouldn't have happened.

I put my arms under her and pick her up with ease. She puts her arm around my neck. My breath stops in my throat, she's so close I could kiss her.

I control my urges. She is staring at me. It feels like she could see into my soul. Then I realize I don't even know her name. "What's your name?" She gulps nervously.

"Becca." She breathes out.