Chapter 5

<Becca>

In the car, I keep thinking about what I'm going to say when I see her. Should I tell her about Zeke and my father? What would she think?

Truth is, I'm just a girl trying to get my dad to love me. Why should I even care what he thinks? It's not like he is going to win father of the year anytime soon.

The moon goddess gave me Jess.

Why a girl though? I have never really thought about being with a girl. I mean sometimes I fantasize about some females bodies. But, that's normal... Right?

My head is starting to hurt, thinking too much. You know what? Screw my dad, and Zeke.

Even though she is a girl, I already love her. I really hope she can forgive me. If not, Alice will probably stop talking to me for a very long time. I can feel her pacing in my head. Starting to make my headache more prominent.

Alice is pissed at me. She won't even talk to me. I gaze out at the road and into the darkness, moving closer to her.

Finally after what seemed like hours of driving, the GPS says "You have reached your destination." I turn left. A sign says 'Joe's Bar.' It's average size. Pretty crowded for a dive bar.

People are going in and out. I pull into a parking space and shut the car off. I'm just going to tell her everything, and just hope she'll take me back.

I get out, slam the car door and lock it. Taking a deep breath, I start to walk in. I don't smell werewolves. It's all humans here.

I walk into the crowd toward the stage. Then I smell Jess. It's like an ocean breeze, flowing through my body.

Someone starts strumming a guitar on stage. Everyone quiets down. I keep walking through the crowd. Then I see Jess on stage.

She is playing the guitar, and sitting on a stool in front of the mike. Her voice travels through the crowd.

"Where do I begin
I'm ready now
Glad I was fit in
Running around my head

What did I do wrong?

"Tell me it's my fault
You didn't lead me on
Well that's good to know
Get your lips off me
I'm not okay with this
So long then
I was betrayed with a kiss
I'm done, I'm done, I'm done
You won this time"

She locks eyes with me, a single tear runs down her beautiful face. She sings the next part looking at me. Sorrow fills my body.

"Set my pride, to the side
Tear me open, look inside
Just to see how many times
You really made these eyes cry
Ohh, ohh"

I recognize the song. It's by He Is We. One of my favorites. I never break my gaze with her. I'm crying. I feel like the biggest asshole in the world.

Her beautiful voice stuns everyone in the room. Nobody makes a sound as they listen to her.

"I let you in and gave you pieces
I'm quick to stumble pain increases.
Oh there's a hole
That lingers deep inside my body, I fall too fast no one can stop me, no.
So what I wanna love?
Why's it hurt so bad?
I'd say it's like a drug, but I don't feel the high
My heart is about to break for the final time.
All I do is ache, and I can't find some piece of mind."

I zone out in her eyes. She finishes the song, stands up and walks off the stage. People start clapping and cheering.

I know what I need to do. I walk up on stage and grab the mike. "Everyone quiet down." The cheering slowly fades out.

"I broke the heart of the girl that just got done singing. It was the stupidest thing I have ever done. I hope one day, she can forgive me."

I sit on the stool, grab the guitar and take a deep breath. Searching in the crowd, I finally find her and start singing.

"Merrily we fall
Out of line, out of line
I'd fall anywhere with you
I'm by your side
Swinging in the rain
Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze
Im not afraid, anymore
Im not afraid
Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Carefully we'll place our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me
I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are"

I focas on the words, knowing every word was true. After I get done singing, and open my eyes. Cheering breaks out. I grab the stool and walk off stage.

Walking around, I find a door that lead into a janitors closet. I go in and close the door. I sit in the dark and wipe my tears with my blue, long-sleeved shirt.

A few minutes later the door opens and I stand up. " I'm sorry, I needed alone time." I tell the person in the dark. They turn on the light.

My eyes widen. Jess stands there with her arms crossed over her leather jacket. Her cheeks are tear stained. She looks at me with cold eyes and asks. "Tell me why you said it."

I breathe out. This is going to take awhile. Looking into her eyes, I start my story.