Letting Go

1 month after the divorce🔪
The autumn breeze picked up Carter's hair as he walked home from his first day of school without his dad. He remembered his dad slamming his mom into the counter tops and saying "I abuse him to make him stronger!" What a lie? Carter thought. A boy behind Carter pushed him onto the grassy field next to him.
"What a jerk? I am sick and tired of people being rude and hurting me!"
He walked until he reached a light gray house with white trim. It looked perfectly painted. As Carter walked into the house his other brother had gone into his room.
"Hey! Get out of there Marshall!"
"Why? You gonna hurt me?" His brother said.
I yelled for mom and no one answered.
"Mom said she went to get ice cream for me. Sucks for you, you are lactose intolerant."
"Hey! I am 17, I am moving out at 18. Sucks for you, you are 19 and still living under the same roof and don't have a job and don't you ever drive?"
"I haven't. There is no need to." I smirked as I tried to hide it under my chapped lips.
"Suck for you. I take my drivers license test tomorrow." Marshall glanced at me and then looked away and then looked back.
"What did you say?" I smiled
"You heard me." Marshall gave me the death stare and ran down the stairs in pity. My head pounded like a hockey puck hit my head. I looked at the poster on the ceiling. It said You are never perfect. I kept the poster only because it was the last thing I had of my dad. I hate to say this but I miss him...
🍂🍂🍂
The garage opened and I jumped awake from a dead sleep. I ran down stairs and my mom walked through the door without even noticing me. She must have a lot on her mind.
"Hi Mom!" She smiled and kept unloading the bags of groceries.
"So I have that drivers license test tomorrow, and I was wondering if I could get a ride over to the DMV."
"Sure honey, I am so proud of you for taking this on!" Marshall glares at me and my mother.
"Mom! It isn't fair!" Marshall said it so direct that my mother started to cry.
"Do you know why?" She said in tears as she sat at the table. I came over and rubbed my mothers back to comfort her. She widened her eyes and stopped crying.
"Nope!" She yelled.
"You are turning into Steve! You are becoming you father! Get out! Get outside now."
Marshall dropped to the ground.
"No, Mom I didn't mean it like that. I am sorry. I am so sorry." My mother walked over to Marshall
"You better be telling the truth because I don't want to hear anymore complaining from you. I am sorry too. You just remind me of Steve."
My mind exploded. I lost all control.
"Mom! We are not Steve! We might remind you of him but you need to forget him. He abused me more than you could imagine but you need to shut up! Just shut up about Steve! I hate him!" My Mom turned around and started to cry again. I ran upstairs were I started to cry into my pillow. I locked my door so no one could come into my room. But my mom still knocked on my door.
"Go away! I need a while."
"Well, you better be out by 6 because dinner will be done by then."
"Ok I don't know if I will be there."
"ok you think about it."
I lied on my pillow for hours hoping The memory of Steve would leave once I came down. But I know my mom would say look I am sorry but a divorce is hard and I am still trying to work through this. Well in my mind the memory of him would give me chills and make me sweat so much that I would be soaking wet. I had been debating if I need to eat or not. But the more I thought about it, the more I would say no. So I slept on it.
☘️☘️☘️
2 weeks before the Divorce🔪
I was torn down by the thought of my mother having cancer. My dad drove Marshall and I home. He told me if I cry he would hit me in the head with a frying pan. I walked into the front door and ran up the stairs, Marshall got to his room and I was tackled from behind. My dad pulled me towards him and I tried to fight it.  But it was no use. My dad punched my face twice, my nose overflowing with blood. He then let go of me. I ran to my room. There was so much fear running in my head. My dad told me to take off my clothes and I did. He threw a pot of boiling water on my body burning my penis and chest. I thought I would never have babies. My dad then took a spoon and smacked my bare butt over and over again without stopping. Then when he stopped I put my clothes I jumped out my window and ran to my friend Emily's house. It was snowing so hard I wasn't cold at all. I knocked on Emily's door and my dad put me in the back of his truck. He drove me home and hit me repeatedly with a bar. He started at my legs then once I was on the ground he hit my penis and chest. He didn't stop until I started crying. I was in so much pain the next day I didn't even go to school. My penis hurt so bad. When I went to pee in a hospital urial I started screaming. I wished my life would end at that point.
🗝🗝🗝
I woke up from the flashbacks of that moment. It was a terrible feeling waking up to that memory of my dad. I just want to erase my memory but that's unrealistic. I got ready for school that day. As I came down, I said,
"First off, I want to say you don't need to say I am sorry because I am. And you never did anything." My Mom smiled and kissed me on the forehead.
"I am glad we talked. Good luck at school! And I will drive you to you license test." I smiled back.
"Thank you! I will see you too." Swinging the door closed behind me. As I walked down my driveway I saw a girl that had blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. I recognized her but didn't know her name. But she was hot. I really thought about it and I have never had an actual girlfriend.