Chapter 33

(Your POV)

"So wait, you want me to go to your boyfriends hockey game? And why do you want me to exactly?" Hope asks. I slide into the desk next to her.

     "Come on Hope, maybe this will be your chance to see how good Evan actually is at hockey." I say. She crosses her arms, still not buying it.

     "Then afterwards you can spend the night. I'm sure my dad won't mind." I say, she starts to smile. There, I got her now.

     "Fine, I'll ask my parents. But if they say no, which I hope that they do, you can't be mad at me." She says. I nod my head, they won't say no, I'm sure of it.

     My phone buzzes a couple of times in my pocket. I take it out and see that it's the unknown number. I unlock my phone and go to my messages.

     So you and Evan? The whole school is talking about it. Wow, word travels fast, then again, it IS a small school. Haven't you learned anything from your friends? I roll my eyes at that one. As your friend I just want you to be careful, I know Evan. Hope glances over at my phone, looking at the texts before starting to shake her head and look back at her phone.

     "Even your friend agrees with us, but whatever." Hope says. I get off of that number and text dad asking if I could go to Evans game with Hope and if she could spend the night afterwards. He responds right away saying that it's alright and to find out the details.

     "You can spend the night." I say. Hope turns to me and nods her head.

"My parents said it was fine as well. Now text your boyfriend and find out the details." Hope says. The bell starts to ring. We get up and start to walk out of the class.

     "Well, see you at lunch." She says as she walks down the stairs. Craig comes out of his class.

     "Okay, so you and Evan have been together for a couple days now? What exactly is going on?" He asks. I sigh as we walk towards the computer lab. I then start to tell him what exactly happened.

     The bell started to ring, finally the end of the day, get video game club out of the way then go home and read. It feels like I haven't done that in a long while. Brian and I get up from our seats and walk out of the room. Where I was greeted by a girl who pushed me out of her way and hugged Brian almost to death. I realized that it was Lizzy.

     "I MISSED YOU! IT'S BEEN LIKE 3 PERIODS!" She exclaims letting go of the hug and grabbing his hand. They start to walk behind me.

     "Yeah, it's been 3 periods. It went by really quickly. You shouldn't of missed me THAT much." He says, almost sounding annoyed. I start to laugh to myself. Sounds like Lizzy here is getting a little clingy a little to fast.

     As we walk down the stairs it's only Lizzy that talks, and all she talks about is how homecoming is coming up here soon and what her dress is going to look like and how he should have a matching tie to go along with her dress color. As we make it down the stairs Brian sighs of relief.

     "I'll talk to you later babe. I gotta go." He says. Lizzy groans and crosses her arms. Okay, now she's just acting like a 5 year old. I want to slap her  because of the way that she's acting. Brian gives her a quick side hug before looking at me.

     "On our way?" He asks. I give him a small smile and nod my head. We start to walk down the hall. When we got to the main hallway Brian and I stopped outside the library and sat at one of the benches.

     "So..... do you have any homework?" I ask. I'm not good at creating small talk whatsoever. He shakes his head no and looks at the ground.

I sigh and start to look around before turning my head towards the laughter of Hope and Craig. I see them coming this way, Hope hanging on Craig's back as Craig carries the both of them towards us.

     "You two weirdos done yet?" Brian asks starting to smile. Hope lets go of Craig and they both nod their heads.

     "Sorry, I just wanted a piggyback ride!" Hope exclaims. Brian rolls his eyes and gets up and walks into the library.

     "Man period." Hope says under her breath.

We walk into the library and sit next to Brian. I look around and see Evan, Tyler, and Jonathan missing, along with Mrs. Edwards. David, Lui, and Marcel all stare at me. I don't see why not. That's all I got today was just stares from people that I don't even know. The door opens and I hear Tyler and Evan laugh.

"I swear he was the biggest noob ever, I HAD to do something about it." Evan says through his laughs. He looks at me and stops laughing before starting to smile. I turn my attention to Hope.

"Come to the bathroom with me." I say getting up and grabbing her hand. We walk past Evan and Tyler and walk out of the library.

"The bathroom is on the other side of the cafeteria you know. It's not a long walk. I don't get why you need to bring me. I also don't know why girls bring each other to the bathroom. As a tomboy it's weird to me." Hope says. I continue to drag her to the cafeteria towards the bathroom. But soon stop as my arm was yanked stopping me.

"Holy shit. Evan was right." Hope says staring at something. I look to where she was looking at and see Lizzy and that dude, Mark, hugging each other before starting to kiss.

"Hope, we can tell Brian when we get back. Right now, I really have to pee." I say starting to drag her again. When we make it to the bathroom she stops me again.

"(Y/N), Brian isn't going to believe us. He doesn't listen to anyone when it comes to this crap." She says looking towards the ground.