Chapter 32

Pete's POV

I don't regret saying those words. If I was going to die today, then at least I got to say it. At least he knows, regardless of him feeling the same way or not.

Patrick's hands dropped from my arm where he was trying to untie the rope, and he looked at me in shock. His mouth opened, but before he could say anything, the door burst open.

Patrick went scrambling back, his face going white.

People started coming into the room, most staying against the wall. There were about five, but I heard more people coming down the hall. They all were armed, and were looking at me.

I shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to do. Fear spiked up again as a burly man walked into the room. He was leading someone into the room, but was staring right at Patrick with a smirk.

The woman who followed him into the room had her head down, but I still recognized her.

For the second time today, it was Natasha. Natasha, holding this man's hand. Was this K? She kept her head down, refusing to look at me, or Patrick. Something was wrong, something was off about her. Was it simply K's presence, or was there something else?

Patrick was standing up at this point, on the other side of the room. His eyes kept flicking back from me and to the group.

"Pete, how wonderful to finally meet you!" The burly man boomed. He was smiling, and his grip on Natasha was tight. I kept staring at him, unable to tear my eyes away. K walked over to Patrick, finally letting go of Natasha. "And Patrick, how are you?" He lowered his head and whispered something in Patrick's ear. Patrick went rigid, and looked desperately around him.

"No," He whispered, making K laugh.

"History seems to repeat itself, doesn't it?" K said, but it seemed to be more directed at me. "Pete, I am K. Since this very well may be your last few minutes, I thought you ought to know what was going on." He motioned to Natasha. "This is Natasha, my lovely lady, and the mastermind of all of this. Getting Patrick back here with us."

Natasha? No. She is on my side, she has been helping me! It was then when Natasha looked up. There wasn't a bit of remorse on her face. Oh God. I have been double crossed.

"You can't make me do this," Patrick said quietly. My eyes flickered from him to K. K was still smiling.

"Do you think you have a choice in this? Patrick, you don't have a say in this. You never have." K paused. "Wow, I just had some deja vu!" Patrick's face crumpled. "Now, let's get this party started!" K cheered, pulling out a gun.