Chapter 35

Pete's POV

We were at the graveyard. Lukas' gave.

Natasha couldn't seem to tear her eyes off of it, while Patrick busied himself with fussing over my cut that I had gotten when we were fighting. He still seemed on edge, so I let him do his thing.

"Guys?" I finally spoke up. "I think you need to fill me in on a lot of stuff." Patrick cracked a smile, and nodded. Natasha was already sitting on the ground, and Patrick sat down next to her. I followed.

"I guess it started in 2002." Patrick started. "I was here, and I went into a coffee shop. That was where I met Lukas. We talked for hours there, and became really close. I then met Natasha, and the three of us were pretty much unstoppable. I knew that their dad was in a gang. Natasha was staying as far away from it as she could, but at this point she was in her senior year of high school. Lukas was kind of in it, but he wanted to get away."

Patrick started playing with the grass he was sitting on. "Fall Out Boy was just starting out, so Lukas and I came up with the plan to run away together if it got big. But Lukas' dad, John found out. He captured me, and was forcing Lukas to kill me." That made sense of what they were all saying when K was going to have Patrick kill me.

"But Lukas refused to kill me. He swung around, and shot K in the leg. At the time, K was like a second-in-command to John, who was the leader. People started firing, Lukas died." Natasha looked at Patrick, biting her lip.
"Then, I left. We did Fall Out Boy. It was good. I moved on. But the gang wasn't done with me."

Patrick seemed to be done, so I looked at the headstone.

"Shit!" I called, jumping up. Brendon! Patrick looked startled, and looked around.

"What?" Natasha had wide eyes as well, and I think she just realized that I did. "What happened?"

"Brendon! He is gonna flip his shit!" Patrick looked scared. "I was supposed to meet up with him today, but then the gang grabbed me!" Patrick scrambled up.

"You mean he is here?" I nodded. Natasha stood up. "Oh, God."

"Have him come to the diner. Twenty minutes?" Natasha suggested. I nodded. "Here, use my phone." She said, tossing her phone at me. I quickly sent a text to his number, telling him it was from me, and to meet me at the diner. Once I sent it, I handed it back to Natasha. "I am going to head there now. You guys can say your goodbyes to Lukas." Patrick nodded, his eyes going back to the grave. Natasha walked away. I watched as she went.

Patrick gently touched the headstone. He was mumbling something, but it wasn't right for me to listen.

After a few minutes, Patrick stood up again.
"Ready?" I asked, holding out my hand. Patrick nodded, and took it.

----

Natasha was sitting at our booth when we got there. Patrick and I sat next to each other silently.

"Just to make sure, we are not repeating any of this to anyone else, even Brendon, correct?" Natasha said. We nodded.

"About-" I started, but was interrupted by the slamming shut. Twisting around in my seat, I saw Brendon, who was staring at us with wide eyes.

"Patrick?" He asked in hushed voice. Patrick shuffled out of the booth and went to go hug Brendon.

Brendon hugged back tightly, obviously still in disbelief. "Oh my God, wait, what? Wh- How? What happened?" Patrick pulled away from the hug and smiled.

"It's really good to see you."