Chapter One

A fist connected with Wally's face, a hard kick in the ribs. Then nothing. Was it over? No. The man stomped on Wally's right wrist. Hard. So hard Wally could feel the bone snap. So hard, Wally could hear it crack.

Then he was gone. Wally's blurred vision could slightly make out the large figure of his father's retreating back. 

"Get out of my sight!" Wally heard.

Using his left hand to balance himself, Wally crawled to the stairs, dragging himself up to the top and into his room.

His strength used up, Wally collapsed onto the floor unconscious.

When Wally awakened, it was midnight. He picked himself off from the floor, shutting his door quietly. He then dragged himself into the bathroom, glad he had one connected to his room so he would not have to walk into the hallway. That would run the risk of him running into his father again. Wally peeled off his clothes and turned on the water to the shower. So many times he had tested this. But he could not decide if cold water felt better, or warm water felt better to his wounds. He settled with lukewarm, stepping in and letting the cool water run down his back. He could feel his wounds beginning to try and heal, along with the previous ones that were still trying to heal. Wally stepped out, drying himself off and pulling on a pair of soft gray sweatpants and a soft baby blue shirt. The blood from the beating had washed off, but Wally still had his arm to take care of. He quietly thanked Batman for there being no briefing next morning, or should he say this morning? It was already 12:27...

Wally pulled the medical tape and gauze wrap from the first-aid kit. He wrapped his right arm in gauze and bandage, then taped it off with the medical tape. it was flimsy but would work, and it would hide under his sleeve. 

With that Wally ate some food from his emergency stash, knowing it would speed up the healing factor, even if it made is stomach hurt, and sank into his bed. He was asleep before his head hit the pillow.