6

7 Months Later

Loki's P.O.V

"Well, looks like I'll see you around, Buchanan." I was standing by Bucky's empty dresser with my arms crossed. I had seen many people come-and-go from the Rehab, but Bucky was the first one who walked out an honest changed man. It almost made me want to be better, but heroin was a rough thing to step away from.

Bucky wiped his freshly shaven face on a towel, before he walked out of the bathroom he once shared with me. He was wearing a black t-shirt that clung to his broad shoulders and chest, almost as if it were a size too small, but Bucky was a size too muscular.

He picked up his backpack with a bunch of travel items and slung it over his shoulder, before bending down to lift the duffel bag filled with his University stuff. Bucky had a pair of sunglasses resting atop his head and a broad smile on his face when he bade me goodbye.

"Maybe when you give up the needles we can go grab a beer," Bucky chuckled, grasping my hand.

I shook my head. "Don't worry about me, Buchanan. Go live your bullshit love story." I dropped my hand and crossed my arms over my chest, grinning knowingly at my friend. Bucky cracked a smile and stepped towards the door, adjusting his grip on the duffel, before he stepped out. I called after him, "Tell him to invite me to the wedding!"

"We aren't together you asshole!" Bucky hollered.

Bucky's P.O.V

I sighed and passed through a set of double doors. Waving at the people in the lobby and exchanging a joke with the security guard, I stepped out into the warmth of the up-state New York summer. I had already signed all the paperwork with Dr. Lang, so I was actually free to leave about an hour ago.

I wouldn't miss a single thing about this place. I, of course, made an unlikely friendship with the British heroin addict, but both Loki and I knew that it would remain within the walls of the Rehabilitation center. I gazed over the parked cars in the lot, and walked across the asphalt to the black and red Mustang I owned.

I popped the trunk and chucked the duffel in beside the boxes of my belongings and my suitcase of clothes, before slamming it shut. I got into my car and swung the backpack into the passenger seat, releasing the park brake, and then taking a moment to run my fingers over the worn leather of the thin steering wheel.

I slid my sunglasses down onto my nose and revved the engine, peeling out of the parking lot and setting off for Manhattan. I had a few bones to pick, before I headed out to L.A.

Two Days Later

Steve's P.O.V

"Sam—fuck! Sam, Tony's going to be here soon..." I moaned, clenching my legs around Sam's head. His fingers, splayed over the inside of my thighs. He mumbled something into my flesh and pressed a wet kiss to my skin, before he released me. I relaxed back into the mattress and slid my fingers out of the curly locks of his hair, breathing heavily. Sam crawled out from under the covers and rolled onto his back beside me, licking his wet lips to rid any evidence that he was giving me head.

I looked over at Sam and he reached up to scratch at his beard, his bare chest rising rapidly with a thin sheen of sweat covering his skin. Sam sighed and turned his head, "Babe, you can't bring up Tony during sex."

"I mean he is—" I looked over at the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand and immediately sat up. "Shit! Sam!? He's going to be here any minute!"