Epilogue

5 Years Later

Steve's P.O.V

          "Were you ever going to tell me about this?!" I yell through the house, a beautiful wedding invitation resting in my grasp. It's a white card with blue detailing, a red ribbon lying next to it from when I untied it.

I didn't get a reply and didn't bother to call out again, it was pointless if he wasn't going to listen in the first place. I speak softly, a massive smile spreading on my face, "Sam Wilson and Margaret Carter would like to invite you to join them on this special occasion..."

          "Oh, that? I thought you saw it when you got home," A voice says behind me. I don't look up from the card as he comes to stand at my back, his hands resting on my shoulders and offering a gentle squeeze.

I shake my head and finally turn to meet his gaze. "No, I went straight to the shower. I guess that's why Tony tried calling me earlier..."

          "Well, after Natasha and Clint got engaged the other day I guess this was the last thing we would all expect." He runs his fingers through the drying strands of hair that I just ruffled with a towel, wiping the moisture onto the back of my shirt.

I reach up and cup his cheek, his eyes closing as he leans into my touch. He presses a soft kiss to my palm and I sigh, "I'm glad we got all this marriage shit over with two years ago. It is exhausting wearing a big, itchy suit for a whole day."

          "That suit happens to be very handsome on you." He points out, his hand coming to cover mine and lower it to hold my fingers in his grasp. His eyes drop to the glittering wedding ring and he smiles, "So does this expensive ass ring..."

I glance back at the invitation and raise a brow at him. "Are we going? Because I bet Sam needs one more groomsman up there with him..."

          "It gives me a reason to wear a suit and have you take it off me so why not?"

I gape at him and he throws his head back in laughter. A lopsided grin plays on his face as he then bends towards me, his full intent on kissing me. I hold a finger up to his lips and meet his gaze, making him stop in his tracks.

          "James Buchanan Barnes you can't say something like that and then try and kiss me," I retort. Bucky reaches up and brushes my hand away, his breath fanning over my lips as he leans closer to me.

          He whispers, "Watch me, darling."