4x2. Homecoming: The Game

The night falls and the game is about to begin! Most of the students are at the game, either playing or rooting on their classmates. The game is featuring the One Summer Academy Niall's Leprechauns Ice Hockey Varsity team versus their rival, Swift-Bieber School Superstars Ice Hockey Varsity team.

The starting lineups are on the ice for both teams. The Superstars are in their menacing black jerseys with red, white, purple, and gray designs. Niall's Leprechauns are in their light-hearted white jerseys with orange and green accents with Niall's face in the middle...or somewhere else Beau sewed the logo on, since he did most of the varsity's jerseys, including the jersey of the captain, John Tavares.

In the reporters' booth are the principals, who managed to have all four of them squeezed into the compartment. They have their phone hooked up to the speakers of the arena, which is blaring "Drag Me Down." The scoreboard monitor machine is also running and the microphone is on.

Niall takes the microphone and begins saying in an announcer-like voice: "Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! "
Louis leans over to Niall and whispers to him, "Niall, this is hockey."

Niall turns to Louis. "Right." He faces the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, put on your jackets, because it's about to get cold in here!"

"Well," Harry starts off in a philosophical tone, "it's actually gonna be hot because they're gonna be moving around a lot, so they don't need jackets, but we're gonna be watching them, so we do need jackets because we won't be playing.

The other three just stare at him with blank expressions.

Niall then turns back to the microphone. "Let the game begin!"

On the ice, the face-off is formed with John going head-to-head against the captain of the Superstars, Lars Eller. On John's side is Beau Bennett, Max Pacioretty, Robert Bortuzzo, and Roman Josi. On Lars's side is Nikita Kucherov, Corinne Buie, Drew Doughty, and Ian Cole. The referee leader who inspected the rink, Larry, drops the puck.

John and Lars dig their sticks at the puck, attempting to get it first to their side. John manages to get a hold of the puck, quickly passing it to Beau.

With a happy gasp, Beau begins cradling the puck as he zooms down into the Superstars' zone. His eyes are on the net, ready to shoot and get the goal. But he is going a bit too fast...and misses the net as a whole.

But not the boards.

BAM!!!

Beau slams right into the boards, plastering against them. "I'm okay," he croaks before peeling off and slumping onto the ice.

Lars skates over to Beau, using the opportunity to get the puck from him as he recovers. He then passes it to his teammate, Nikita, from behind the net.

Nikita turns around and begins driving hard down the ice, flipping the game around. He passes it to Drew, who goes for the slap shot straight at the Niall's Leprechauns' goalie, Matt Hackett.

In a snap, Matt slides in his butterfly position. He snatches the puck with his catcher's glove, stopping the play.

"GOOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!" the principals yell from the reporters' booth and through the speakers.

Then the arena falls into silence.

Larry, the referee, glares at the principals. "Are you blind, that wasn't a goal!"

"Lionel Messi!" Niall shouts.

Larry skates over to the other referee, Moe, who is always with him. "Is there a Lionel Messi on this team?"