The Second Coming: Fifteen

I stared at the oven, as if I could use the Force to turn it on.

All of the knobs and switches looked the same. All I wanted to do was start warming up the food before Jon arrived, I'd already spent an hour trying to cover my bruise with more concealer, and I hadn't slept well the night before.

Suddenly there was a hard knock on the door.

I figured it was Jon, so I smiled. "Coming!"

The door popped open before I was even halfway there, and in flooded a whole entourage of people- headed by Cap. The documentary crew was back, as was the representative from Chanel, all focused and trained on me.

"Um... what are you doing here? How did you even know-"

"Don't ask stupid questions dear, it makes you seem ditzy," Cap snapped harshly. It was clear that he was still sore over the loss of me, but in my mind he'd gotten what he deserved.

"Sure." I growled, rolling my eyes. "Listen, I'm gonna need you guys to go. Jon's going to be here any minute, and I don't have time-"

"Jon? Jon Bon Jovi? But what about your steamy hidden romance with Axl Rose?" the camera man asked.

I balled my fists out of annoyance. "There is no romance between me and Axl Rose."

"Are you kidding? MTV is all over it."

"Great," I muttered. "Just fantastic. What do you need me for?" I said to the Chanel representative.

"We've gotta strike while the iron's hot, my dear. We need you to shoot another commercial, three o'clock sharp."

"Wait, but I only agreed to one commercial-"

"You contract is legally binding, I apologize, dear. Remember, three o'clock sharp at the studio, see you then." He zipped out of the apartment, leaving me there to stew in my own annoyance.

I turned to Cap. "What do you want?"

"Nothing, only to watch you suffer once your 'Jonny' grows tired of you."

"Hmm, I'm sure that would be so satisfying for you, wouldn't it?"

"Baby girl? You awake?"

Jon came through the door a second later, wearing nothing but jeans and a tight tank top. He had a snow-speckled jacket thrown over his shoulder, and major bedhead. I would've told him about how adorable he looked if he and Cap weren't engaging in a glaring contest.

"Hey... Jon..." I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

Jon brushed past Cap and wrapped his arms around my waist for a hug. He kissed me, glaring at Cap over my shoulder all the while. "Good morning, Cal."

Cap went to the door. "If you'll excuse me, I'd rather not witness you whore yourself out. I'd rather leave that to the imagination."

He slammed the door after him, Jon laughed. "What a bastard."

I turned toward the documentary crew. "So... what are you guys supposed to do?"

"Follow you around and record your every move."

"Okay, no. Not right now, you can come back after my Chanel shoot. For now, you can leave."

"Alright, but we've gotta get a certain amount of footage."

"Okay, bye." Jon snapped, and turned to me as they were leaving. "We have another Chanel shoot today?"

"Yeah, they didn't bother telling me about it until five seconds ago."