Chapter Five

A/N: new character introduced in this chapter!

₩•PLEASE VOTE•₩

{Dinner at The Renaissance London with Sadie and Harry Styles. Two days after the Julie Shroeder's murder}

*ZAYN/VERONICA'S P.O.V.*

"So what about you Veronica? What's your story?"

Harry had just finished rehashing the elaborate tale of his and Sadie's life before he went off to his private school and she came to Elizabeth Day. They'd lived the life anyone would guess they had: wealthy parents, spoiled with everything they could want, educated at private schools, raised by a nanny, etc. Now, it was my turn to tell them about my childhood and background, which I hadn't even thought about.

"Well, I, erm," I stuttered, struggling with how to start this.

"I'm from northern England, and I grew up with my mum, pap, and three sisters."

That part was true. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard after all.

Sadie took a sip of her tea and set the cup back down onto the dish.

"So where did you go to school before this?" she asked, looking a tad bit bored.

"I, um, an arts school, you know, with singing and dancing and theater and such."

Harry pursed his lips, "interesting, you don't look like much of a dancer," He said.

"Or a singer," she added.

"Well, that's why, erm, I quit an came to this school, you see, I wasn't all that great at the arts school, not really my thing."

This made both the Styles furrow their brows, and I mentally smacked myself for being so patchy in my alibi. Before I became an agent for the British Secret Service, I had attended an arts school and was actually quiet good. Singing was my forte though, and I was a terrible dancer and saying I was even a decent actor was a stretch.

Harry turned around and waved to our waiter, who quickly bustled over to our table.

"Check please?" Harry asked, and the waiter gave a curt nod and hurried away. Sadie started slipping on her coat, and I collected my things. Harry pulled out his phone.

After paying and leaving the restaurant, Harry and I waited outside in the car while Sadie used the restroom. Harry was driving, so he sat in the front while I sat in the back, leaving the passenger seat open for Sadie.

"Veronica, I, um," Harry stuttered, which was unusual for him, since he came across as a confident, easy going guy.

"Would you maybe like to go on a date sometime next weekend?"

Butterflies ripped through my insides, and I broke out into a sweat. Oh god, the trainers at the BSS hadn't taught me what to do in this situation.

"Actually, Harry, I, um," I stammered.

"It's OK if you don't want to go, I mean, you probably don't like me back," He said softly.

"Listen, I like you just fine, it's just that, I'm," I started before he interrupted me.

"Oh. I see. You're, um," He trailed off, and I paused.

"I'm what?"

"You're....not into guys." He finished. You got that right.

"No, I'm not! I mean, I'm not not into guys. You're just, not my type," I told him, and he gave a small nod.

"OK, it's cool," He muttered, looking embarresed, then slumped against the back of his seat.

The door of the restaurant flew open, and Sadie came strutting out, fluffing her curly, black hair. Once she had opened up the passanger door and slid in, she sat and looked confused over the awkward silence in the car. 

"Something wrong?" She asked, and Harry gave a slow, purse-lipped shake of his head.

"Cool, then let's go."  She said with a hint of irritation in her voice. Harry didn't waste any time turning the key in the ignition and pull out of the parking lot.

-

{Monday, Mr. Chandler's Classroom, 9:15am}

Whoever at the BSS who signed me up for Mathmatics II, I have a bone to pick with you.

I'm only 15 minutes into my first class, and I'm vigerously scribbling down the notes from the PowerPoint presentation that Mr. Chandler is flipping through. This man is oblivious to how lost and behind his class is when it comes to notetaking.

As I flip over to a fresh sheet in my notebook, I put my pen down and start to copy down formulas, but my pen's out of ink. Frustrated, I scribble in the margins of the paper, but no dice. I let out an irritated, obnoxious sigh, and slump back in my desk. 

I feel a small tap on my shoulder, and swivel around. 

"Need a pen?"

When I was 17, I had this massive celebrity crush on this girl in a band, Perrie Edwards. I'd watched her and her band, Little Mix, perform on the X-Factor UK ever since the first episode, and I was still a huge fan. I'd like nothing more than to go see them on tour. I've never admitted this to anyone at the agency or any of my friends because they'd never let me hear the end of it. Imagine their reaction when they found out that I -Zayn Malik: tattooed (although they were hidden by my disguise), facial haired, manly man- had a secret obsession over a bubblegum-pop girl group. Hah.

Perrie was definately one of the most beautiful people I'd ever laid eyes on, but this girl almost topped Perrie. She had full, brown wavy hair, almond eyes, and fair skin. She was dressed in a simple dress, with small black and white striped fabric, lace patchwork at the neckline, and a skinny black belt around her waist. She wore her hair down and flowing around her shoulders, and when I turned to her, she beamed, revealing her perfect smile.

"Y-yes, thank you," I blinked and quickly took the pen from her and turned back to the front of the room.

I felt her lean foward and whisper, 

"I'm Sydney, by the way," She told me, " Sydney Tomlinson."

-

-

-

A/N:

PLEASE DON'T THINK i'M A CARROT BECAUSE i MADE HER LAST NAME TOMLINSON OK LOUIS COMES IN LATER IN THE STORY!

GIF OF SYDNEY ON THE SIDE BAR! SHE'S PLAYED BY THE GIRL WHO'S ALLISON ARGENT FROM TEEN WOLF :)

****10 votes before the next chapter****