Chapter 3: Sorting Hat & House Holders

Now they're all started to move, students their way to Great Hall for welcoming the new comers for their sorting hat ceremony and feast. Little by little the students gathered and taking seats at their respective house, as always the hall was lit by thousands of fairy lights and flying candles.

They are all complete, ready to welcome.

The double doors of Great Hall finally opened, Professor Fionalian and Davithar led the freshmen. The students on the seats started to sing the sorting hat song except the Foxtail, they are all silent and just waiting for the said ceremony. They we're divided by two lines walking forward inside the hall while Foxtail is in between them. Hundreds of new faces, feeling their tension and excitement for their respective houses.

Professor Fionalian stepped forward and holding a long roll of parchment. The usual you know, names of the first years.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. In a moment you will be sorted and the five houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Foxtail, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. When I call your name you will step forward and sit on this stool, I will put the hat on you to be sorted."

Finally she opened the rolled parchment.

"Harrison, Alice!"

A pale girl with brunette short hair stepped forward and sat down. As everyone's watching her and moments pause.

"Gryffindor!" *the hat shouted*

The table on the right looking from the door cheered as Alice went to sit down on her house table.

"Wilson, Eve"
"Ravenclaw!"

The table on the second from left clapped as they welcome Eve to their house.
and then,

"Holmes, Luke!"
"Slytherin!"

The table from the left beside the Ravenclaw cheered and clapped. Then another and another student called and sorted, there weren't that many student left now as the hat has mentioned every houses except Foxtail, not yet. and then..

"Caine, Wengie!"

The girl with cold eyes stepped forward this time.

"ooh, it's odd.. is it Ravenclaw or Foxtail? you're intelligent, are you a thinker or observer? hmm"

The crowd started to whisper all over the hall, they're all curious when it comes to Foxtail.

"Ms. Caine, how about you? do you have specific house choice?" *the hat asked*

"anything. i don't mind."

"I see.. cold, precise and you're at peace. better be Foxtail!"

This time the table at the center clapped and Wengie took her seat. The sorting is continued handful of the students was sorted to Foxtail, as always it is the least student among all the houses. Most of the students was sorted to Gryffindor, then Slytherin, then Hufflepuff, then Ravenclaw, and as usual the Foxtail.

Professor Fionalian rolled up the scroll and took the sorting hat away. The student house representatives are exchanging looks this time. Now, Mcgonagall stood up the took few steps forward. Looking through her students who are now well sorted by their respective houses with pleased look.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! thank you for your cooperation but before we start our grand feast, I would like to have few things to say specially to our student house representatives. As I call your name please come forward and stand facing the students, In order from Gryffindor to Slytherin." *She said*