Cancer (Alternate Ending)

You wake up in the hospital, again. You see Brendon and try to reach for him but, you don't have enough strength. It's been like that for a while. You keep getting worse and worse by the second.

"Brenny."

He looks over and gets up hugging you.

"Babe, I have some good news and bad news."

"What is it?!"

"You're pregnant. It's a girl."

"Really?!"

"Yeah. But, you keep getting worse. The doctors say you won't make it but, I don't believe them. You can do it. You can fight. I believe in you."

You tear up and start to cry. Your life was going down hill quickly.

•••
Your holding your beautiful baby girl, her y/e/c look at you and your y/h/c shines in the light. You're once again sitting in a hospital bed. You're weaker than ever. Brendon grabs the baby and holds her. He kisses her forehead. He gives her back to you.

"Babe."

"Yeah."

"We need to talk."

"About what?"

"You."

You gulp. This is never good.

"Babe, you're getting worse by the second. I'm sorry but, you don't have that much longer to live."

"What?!"

"I know, the doctors said you have only a few hours to live."

You cry.

•••
You're down to your last minutes. You have Sarah, your baby girl, in your arms and Brendon holding you.

"Baby."

"Yeah Brendon."

"Keep fighting. For not only me but for Sarah."

"I'll do my best Brenny."

He starts to tear up.

"I'm going to miss you so much. Sarah won't even be able to see you. You won't be able to see her grow up."

He starts crying.

You use the last of your strength to pull Brendon's face to look at you.

"Brendon, listen to me. We're going to get through this. I'm going to get through this. It is not my time yet. I am sure as hell not dying today. I wanna see my little girl grow up and live. I want to grow old with you. I will fight for my life. I will keep myself going. No one is telling me I'm dying because it's not going to fucking happen. I love you and Sarah. I'm doing this for you and Sarah. I am doing this for me too. So, you better believe in me because I'm not going anywhere." You say.

He stares at you.

"I believe in you. Sarah does too."

You look down to see your baby girl grabbing at you.

You're fighting not only for yourself, your fighting for Sarah and Brendon...

Five years later...
You wake up to Sarah jumping on your bed.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up! It's my birthday!"

You smile and grab her. She screams playfully. You hold her up against you.

"Happy birthday baby!"

You kiss her forehead.

"Go wake up daddy." You whisper.

She giggles and jumps on him.

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up! It's my-"

Brendon jumps up out of bed and grabs Sarah.

"It's your birthday!" He screams.

He jumps on the bed with her. You laugh.

"Brendon, stop jumping you're gonna break the bed."

"Okay."

He stops and grabs Sarah.

"Today you get your birthday present."

She tries to run away but he grabs her and pulls her shirt up. He blows on her stomach.

"One."

Again.

"Two."

Again.

"Three."

Again.

"Four."

Again.

"Five! Happy birthday!" He yells.

He lets go of Sarah and runs away.

Brendon looks at you and kisses you.

"I love you so much. I don't know what I would do if you didn't survive."

"I love you too. I don't want to miss a moment with you or Sarah."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey! I wrote the alternate ending! I hope you like it! I Think it's sweet and cute.-T