Chapter5

Wyatt above 

___________________________________________________  

 First period ends and I look at Greg, "Are all your back muscles ready?" I tease him. He grunts and bends down, "Get on," He mumbles. I jump on his back, putting all my weight down. "Huh, I thought you would've been heavier," Greg says jumping up. I frown. Greg speeds down the hallway, "Out the way people!" He yells at the people in the hallway. "Whoo!"Some of the guys shout. I laugh, smiling. 

   "Here to Algebra," Greg says. I jump off his back. "Thanks for the ride dude," I say punching his shoulder. He winces and rubs his shoulder, "Ow?" He says then walks away. I go in a seat in the middle. "Wassup Samantha?" Wyatt asks with a crooked grin with perfect white teeth. "Wyatt?" I ask trying to make a joke about his name sounding like 'what' which clearly doesn't work. "You going to the camping trip?" He asks. 

  "Maybe," I say looking forward. "You should man, It's always lit," He nods. "Naw, I'm just getting ready for fall break, Two weeks man," I say. "True that," Wyatt says squeezing a stress ball. "You don't look 16," I say. "Yeah, and you don't look like a sixteen year old boy either," Wyatt smiles. "Dude, your annoying, what I tell ya'll, we all have those girl genes," I say. "I guess," Wyatt jumps out of his seat, "I'm bored," He says. "So?" I shrug my shoulders. 

   "I'm skipping class, wanna come?" He asks tossing the stress the ball to me. "Nah, I'm good," I squeeze the stress ball. "Hm, Suit yourself," Wyatt says and walks out the door. "I want my ball back!" I hear him yell. "Sure you will," I say squeezing the ball with both hands.  

"Hey, what's up," A guy I haven't seen before comes to me. "Waiting for the Algebra teach, you?" I ask. "Now I am, you new here?" He asks. "Yeah, Samuel," I say. "Mike," Mike says seating in the seat next to mine, slouching and putting his legs on the table. "Cool," I say, slouching even more. "God these teachers are always late, but then they complain about us coming late," Mike shakes his head. 

  "I know right?" I say. "You look familiar, you related to Arthur and all his brothers?" He asks. I scrunch up my nose, "Ah, I get this so much, yes, I'm little John, little Arthur, Little Jackson," I say, saying all the things people have called me instead of Samuel. "Sorry dude, just had to ask, yo--" I stop him before he says I look like a girl. "Flowery, girly, Samantha, Little Sally, yeah yeah, I've heard them all," I say waving my hand. 

  "Dang dude, I was going to say sweet stress ball, I was not going to say you look like a girl, but you said it, not me," He says. I toss him the stress ball. "Oh. right. It's not mine, stole it, It's pretty cool huh?" I ask. Mike views the red squishy ball with black jelly spikes. "Too cool," He says tossing the ball back. A few more students come in and class starts. Mr. Squenzy gives us homework and I start on it as soon as I get it. 

  "Why you doing it now?" Mike whispers. "So I won't worry about it and do it in the middle of the night or while I rush to class," I say, frantically filling in the math answers. "Dude, can I see it when you're done?" Mike asks. "You got five dollars?" I ask. "I'll give you before we go to lunch," He says. "Great, and I'll give you this when I'm done, don't get caught," I warn him. "Okay," He smiles. I finish the homework and slickly give it to Mike. 

  Class ends and I rush out the class. "Aye Sam, where my ball at?" Wyatt calls. "What ball?" I say playing dumb. "The one I gave you before class," He says. "I don't have it," I shake my head. "Samantha Burgley, where did you put my ball, I need it," Wyatt says. "Why, you stressed?" I tease him. "No, it's not even mine, I need to give it back," Wyatt outstretches his hand. "You've got one long neck dude," I say. 

  "Dude, just give me back the ball, I gots to go," Wyatt says. I reach in my pocket and toss him the ball. Wyatt turns on his heels and jogs in the opposite direction. "Have you seen the whole school?" Mike asks. "Not really, my brothers showed me like some of it, not even half of it tho," I reply. "Wanna go explore, we have fifteen minutes of break we can get back by then," Mike says. "Yeah, okay," I agree. "Okay, follow me," Mike turns around and I follow him.