3|| Hazel

They squeezed in, trying to reach the spellbooks. They almost got there too, except the massive crowd of sorcerers stood in the way.

"Out of the way, you!" A man that resembled a bat shoved Ron away, his camera clicking like mad. "This is for the Daily Prophet."

Ron scowled. "Big deal," he snapped, rubbing the spot on his ribs where the bat man jabbed him.

A man in blue wizard robes at a table looked up at Ron's comment. He saw Ron, then he saw Hermione, and his gaze fell on... Harry.

"Harry Potter?" He cried, jumping up. The crowd turned to where the blonde man was looking and began to murmur. Hazel could see clearly the man's portrait was on several books surrounding him, each looking excitedly at Harry. Gilderoy Lockhart leapt around the table and pulled Harry up close to him, aiming him at the bat photographer. "Nice big smile, Harry" Lockhart said with a gleaming smile. "Together, you and I are worth the front page."

Piper looked outraged. "Together?" she hissed.

Harry's face turned the color of Ron's hair as the cameraman clicked away. When all the pictures were through, Harry tried to slip away, but Gilderoy grabbed his arm and pulled him into another embrace. It would've looked strange on anyone else, but the blonde wizard pulled it off.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he announced, still showing gleaming teeth, so white they appeared to be carved out of pearls. But they weren't, otherwise Hazel would force him to close his mouth. "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!"

"I hate him already," Piper grumbled.

"When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to by my autobiography— which I shall be happy to present to him now, free of charge—" why was everyone clapping? "—He had no idea," Lockhart continued, patting Harry harder on the back, "That he and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

He suddenly shoved a stack of books into Harry's arms and pushed him to the crowd. Hermione sighed. "Isn't he amazing?" she murmured under her breath.

Nico rolled his eyes. "Puh-lease," he muttered.

Harry staggered under the weight of several books to the edge of the room, where Ginny was. He muttered something to Ginny and handed her all the books. Ginny looked like she was about to pass out, her face was burning red.

The crowd cleared out slowly, as the ten tried to regroup with the other Weasleys and Harry.

"Bet you loved that, Potter?" A voice that reminded Hazel strongly of Octavian drawled out towards them. A boy that also physically reminded Hazel strongly of Octavian strutted down from a staircase. "Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page," he sneered. Oh no, it really was Octavian 2.0. The boy stopped in front of Harry and Ginny.

"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" Ginny defended him hotly. Little Octavian sneered.

"Potter, you've got yourself a girlfriend!" Ginny turned the color of an overripe cherry.

Ron finally noticed little Octavian and scowled, shoving his way. "Oh, it's you," he said in disgust.

Little Octavian turned to Ron. "Wow, am I surprised to see you in a shop, Weasley. I suppose your family will go hungry for a month to pay for all those," he spat.