Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Our break had begun - and I was loving it.  The next day was spent sleeping in after agreeing I could take that day off (reluctantly too since I've missed so much).  I mean, I wanted to go to catch up, get that shit over with but Luke argued I should stay home with him and just rest for one more day.  Because even though our 'break' would go on for who knows who long, school didn't count.  I didn't need a break from school, I needed a break from all the bodies falling, the drama, the danger and so did Luke.  So I was staying home one more day.  It was well spent, I will add.  We woke at 11:30, rested, and spent the afternoon watching TV, listening to country music (shut up), and playing board games we found in the back of a closet that were once Luke's.  Another thing though I can't leave out is the phone call we got... my god.  Luke spoke to Jan, clarifying that all was good, that everyone was okay.  After all, she found out what happened through the news, that we were attacked at the station.  Yeah, so she and Mike were pretty pissed off.  I would be too though if you have to find out through the news that their son and I almost died and not through him himself. 

Yes, hours were literally spent with Luke talking with Jan over the phone, reassuring her... then reassuring Mike when he spoke to him over the phone.  I could hear them through the phone yelling at Luke and demanding to know why he couldn't call them and tell them what happened.  And, as I listened more, I would hear their voices go soft over the phone and turn worried.  I felt terrible for them... I couldn't imagine seeing that on the news about me and him getting attacked and not knowing before.  I was surprised though when they wanted to talk with me, make sure I was okay.  They kept asking if I needed anything, wanted anything at all, if I was okay, needed help in any way, and would be able to deal with all this.  Other than those calls between us though, all was very... lazy.  It was just a relaxing day, just fooling around.  A good day.

Of course, the next day was school I knew.  It would be a different story than the previous day.  I dreaded it the moment I woke up.  I've been out of school for so long that I wasn't ready to go back, get loaded with homework, and get thrown question after question - either concerning the mental hospital or the attack in the woods; both of which were widespread, all over the TV.  I knew very well just how bad it would be when I get back.  I was not looking forward to it at all.  At all, fuckers, you got that?  At.  All.  I would happily go back though if it meant kicking everyone's ass that bothers me about it (but the consequences of that weren't exactly what I needed to deal with either right now).

I woke in Luke's arms; you'd figure my day started off well.  But oh no my dear folks, you're wrong.  Yesterday was gone, unfortunately.  And after I saw he was already awake and laying in bed, I got up and began to get ready as he continued to lay there.  It sucked too because the moment I woke up, I groaned, so warm and comfortable... so tired.  But nope.  Had to get ready; it was like a blur too the first couple minutes, I was so tired.

I grabbed my clothes from my closet, went to the bathroom, and got dressed for school.  Nothing wrong with just a hoodie and jeans as I put them on.  Then, once looking myself over once in the bathroom mirror, I went back into my room, lit by the lamp I turned on when I got up.  It lit up the room where the sun couldn't since it wasn't up yet.  And lit up what was already a very wide awake officer.  He was resting his back against my headboard, his body managing to do so without a grunt. 

Luke could walk fine now.  He was actually feeling better, really.  The only thing he was still dealing with was a little bit of the soreness, which I knew would be gone in no time.  If he was able to heal like he already has, it wont be long until he is all better.  However, his work didn't seem to think so.  The lucky little bitch was given the rest of the week off from work because they knew how hurt he was!  I mean god damn!  Did I need to go back to school?  Yeah, I did.  And was Luke hurt, yeah... but that still doesn't mean it's fucking fair.  You can blame his teasing mood over it that was making me angry over it.