Fireflies

Molly and Scott were walking through the woods. "So, what are we looking for exactly?" Scott sighed. "We're looking for Boyd, remember?" Molly nodded. "Right, right." Scott chuckled. "You know, you're acting more and more like your old self." With that, the brunette looked down at the ground.

Ever since that previous spring, when Molly was given the bite to save her life, things had been well, different. Scott noticed her change in attitude. "Mol, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it anything like that." Molly looked up at him. "No, I understand. It's just different now."

All of a sudden, she caught a scent. "Wait. Do you smell that?" Scott looked around. "Yeah, smells like Boyd." He looked at Molly, who was gesturing that they should follow him. "We should follow him." Molly rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips. "No shit, Sherlock." She started to sprint in the direction of the scent. Scott muttered profanities under his breath before sprinting after her.

When Molly was in sight of Boyd, she realized exactly what was going on. Boyd was towering over two young kids, who were frozen in fear. She hid behind a tree, planning how to save the two kids.

Looking to her left, she saw Scott slow to a stop. He glanced at the children, then looked over at his sister. "Do you see this?" He mouthed, and Molly snorted. "Yeah, I've been here for two minutes, you'd think I'd have seen them, dumbass." She averted her gaze to the werewolf in front of them.

Boyd looked down at the jar of fireflies, that had opened. As the fireflies flew around Boyd, Molly took the opportunity. She sprinted to the children, and grabbed the little boy. Quickly after her, Scott grabbed the girl's arm, and the two McCalls escaped with the two young children.

Once they got to safety, Scott turned on his cellphone. Molly took this as a moment to comfort the children. "Hey, are you two alright?" The boy looked up at the girl, who was panting. "What was that?" Molly bent her knees so she was level with them. "It doesn't matter. What does matter is that you two are safe now. Nothing bad will happen to you as long as I'm here." This comforted the children, and Molly stood up. "Now, where do you two live?"

As soon as she made it to the two kids' house, she placed a hand on their shoulders. "Now, listen to me very closely. Be careful where you play at night. I may not be there next time." The two children nodded, then turned on their heels to run inside the safety of their own home. Molly pushed her hair behind her shoulders. She sauntered over to Scott. "Now what was so important that you had to be on your phone during that?" Scott looked up at her with an eyebrow raised.

The two McCall siblings stood at the entrance to the preserve. Molly's car was right there, so she could leave to find Isaac. As soon as she saw Derek, she knew it was time for her to leave. "Alright, bye." Scott ignored her and kept his focus on Derek. Rolling her eyes, she made her way to the car.

She pulled the car over to where Isaac was, and rolled down the window. "Hey, wanna go grab a bite to eat?" Isaac walked over to the car. "I thought you'd never ask." He opened the car door and sat down. Before he closed the door, Molly leaned forward and kissed him. It was a quick kiss, because they didn't have much time. "So, where do you wanna go?" Isaac shrugged. "Wherever you want to go." Molly smiled. 

 Just then, her phone rang. Molly and Isaac looked at each other."What is it now?" She checked her phone, and there was a text from Scott saying Come meet me and Derek... and bring Isaac. It's important. Molly frowned, and Isaac sighed. "What is it?" Molly rolled her eyes. "It's Scott. He wants us to meet with him and Derek."

Isaac thought about it for a moment. "Well, we could always skip it." He leaned in for another kiss, but Molly kept her gaze on her phone. "Now, normally I would, but Boyd tried to kill two kids. We kinda have to go." Isaac groaned, and Molly looked up at him. "I know, but we'll go out to eat later." She gave him a quick peck, then started the car.

When they got to the preserve, Isaac spotted one of the wolves running around. He looked at Molly. "You ready?" Molly smiled. "Let's get this." 

Isaac and Molly chased the wolf all the way around the preserve. The werewolf swung her claws out at Isaac, and Molly grabbed the werewolf's legs. With one swift movement, the werewolf was on the ground. She snarled at Molly, who smirked. 

As Molly turned around, the werewolf stood up and threw Isaac into a tree. Molly lost it. Her eyes glowed a bright yellow and she tackled the werewolf onto the ground. She grabbed her shoulders and pinned her to the ground. The werewolf wiggled and squirmed, trying to break free, but Molly wouldn't let up. 

Eventually, she heard a thud behind her. She turned her head to see Scott landing on the ground. With Molly distracted, the werewolf escaped and stood up, knocking her over. Molly cursed under her breath and stood up, brushing the leaves off of herself. 

Behind Scott came Derek. He ran after the werewolf, and Molly looked over at Scott. "You're late." Scott shrugged. "What are you gonna do?" He then noticed a girl standing by the tent. "Hey, you okay?" The girl was clearly in a panic. Scott slowly walked towards her. "You need to get out of here." The girl nodded, and ran in the other direction. 

Molly walked over to Isaac, Scott, and Derek. Scott was on the phone with Stiles. "Are you sure?" Molly could basically hear Stiles' voice on the other end. He was yelling about someone who apparently died. 

Scott sighed. "Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?" Molly looked over at Isaac, who rolled his eyes. 

Once Scott hung up the phone, Molly brought her hands to her face. "This just doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there." Scott folded his arms. "Derek, they killed someone." Molly held her hands out in front of her. "How are they moving so fast?" Derek shrugged. "But they can't be that fast on foot." 

Scott sighed. "They killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead. And it's our fault." Derek shook his head. "It's my fault." Scott pushed his hair back. "We need help." Molly looked from Scott to Isaac. "We have Isaac now." Scott rolled his eyes. "I meant real help. They're too fast for all of us. They're too strong, too rabid." Derek folded his arms. "We'll catch them." 

Isaac raised an eyebrow. There was no way this was going to be that easy. "What happens if we do? We just gonna hold them down until the sun comes up?" Molly nodded, looking at Scott. "Maybe it would just be easier to kill them." Molly scoffed. "Wait, isn't one of them your sister?" 

Scott ignored her comment. "Killing them isn't the right thing to do." Isaac noticed Molly's frustration, and he subtly grabbed her hand. "What if it's the only thing to do? If we can't even catch them, what else do we do?" 

Scott looked around. "Find someone who knows what they're doing." Molly raised an eyebrow. "Who?" Scott sighed. "Someone who knows how to hunt werewolves." 

At this statement, Molly knew exactly who Scott was referring to. Chris Argent. 

The boys dropped Molly off at home. Molly placed her hands on her hips. "What? Why do I have o stay home?" Scott sighed. "Because Chris can only stand to be in a room with three other people." Molly huffed, and walked inside. 

She turned on her phone and started texting Lydia. What's up?  A couple minutes went by without a reply. I found a dead body and Stiles started freaking out because I didn't call him first. Molly's eyes widened. So that was the body that Scott was talking to Stiles about on the phone. How did you find it? Nothing. After a few minutes, Lydia replied. Idk

She sat down by her desk, waiting for a call. Eventually, she got one from Isaac. "Hello?" She heard frantic voices in the background. "So, turns out the kid wasn't killed by Cora and Boyd. Stiles thinks there are human sacrifices going on."