Chapter 04: Meeting Micheal

He woke up to the familiar aroma of pancakes. Lee-ann wasn't beside him, she was probably downstairs, having her breakfast early, as usual.

The thought of that woman made him smile. She evoked something in him, other than ecstasy. His heart warmed whenever she was near, he couldn't do without her. And he couldn't wait to see her beautiful face again.

He pushed himself out of bed and staggered back, suddenly feeling dizzy. He shook it off and made his way to the kitchen.

He turned the knob on the door, not finding Mrs. Pickens, his maid, but Lee-Ann, poised in front of the stove. Professionally flipping pancakes, with her earphones in her ears.

He started grinning from ear to ear at her appearance, that was brightened by the sunlight. She turned the last pancake and placed her hand on her hip.

"Why are you staring at me and grinning like an idiot." She asked.

"Maybe it's because you're breathtakingly beautiful and edible." She glanced up at him and smiled, though his voice was subtle, she could hear him between the words of her song. "And also the fact that you're in front of a stove."

She narrowed her eyes at him and turned off the stove, then pulled the earphones out of her ears. He approached her slowly, while running his hands along the counter top.

"So where's Mrs. Pickens?" He asked.

"I sent her home, she needs to rest. I am capable of making breakfast without a cookbook around. It's not like I'll poison you." She pouted and folded her arms.

He shrugged and said, "Okay, if you say so." She slapped his arms and laughed.

"So, what are you going to do today?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Um," she bit her lip. "That reminds me, dad's coming to visit. Katrina told me last night."

"Lee, couldn't you have told me last night?" Bretton groaned out.

"Oh I'm sorry, should I have before, during or after you seduced me? 'Cause my brain wasn't clicking at that time." She rose her eyebrows.

"The guy doesn't even bother to hide the fact that he hates me, now that he knows we're getting married, what do you think he'll do?" Bretton folded his arms and continued, "He hates me, and he's coming to stay in my house? I really can't deal with him today."

"He's my dad still." Lee-ann pressed, trying to make him see reason.

"I love you, but you really can't expect me to take everything he throws at me, especially in my house." He said solemnly and walked to one of the glass cupboards.

The kitchen was designed for royals. The imperial material that was used to build the furniture's only came from one location on the world's map. The floor was shimmering white porcelain, blending perfectly with the thick cream oil paint that dabbed the walls. The center of the ceiling held a dazzling crystal chandelier, with stainless steel sockets.

Bretton removed a coffee cup from the cupboard and walked back to Lee-ann. She took the cup from him and poured him a hot brew. He brought the cup to his lips and took a sip.

"I know you don't like him either. It's not like you hide it well. But that's fine, we shouldn't fight about this."

"Remind me why I didn't marry you the first time I saw you." He pulled her closer to him. "You're a tease." He kissed her chin and then her lips.

"You're hot." She said, gazing up at him under furrowed brows.

"Why thank you baby," he said smiling and kissed her lips again.

"No, Bretton, I mean you're like burning up." She said, pressing the back of her hand on his forehead.

About two hours later,
Lee-ann heard the doorbell ringing. She was in her bedroom, feeding Bretton a chicken broth, with a spoon. It turned out that he caught the flu, from God knows where and he was a little light headed and weak. She kissed his cheek and rose from the bed and went to the phone to inquire who was at the door.

"Is Bretton there?" a small female voice asked at the other end. Instantly, Lee-Ann became curious of who this woman was.

"Bretton is unavailable at the moment. May I ask who this is, so I could tell him you stopped by?"

"My name's Stacy King," The woman replied. Lee-Ann repeated the name, trying to remember where she heard it before now. "I'm guessing he hasn't told you about me. Why don't you come downstairs so I can tell you why I'm here."

Lee-Ann was silent for a while, contemplating whether or not she should meet this woman.

"I'll be with you in a moment Ms. King." She said, making her decision. She disconnected herself from the line and went back over to Bretton to ask him who that stranger was but he was sleeping.

She pulled the spread over his body and walked out the room.

She opened the door to greet who she expected to be a Victoria's Secret model. She only saw a feathery blond woman with pale white skin. She was dressed in a tight jeans and a loose long sleeved blue dress shirt.

It was rude for Lee-Ann to think that her bed dresses were stylish compared to this woman's outfit, but that's exactly what she thought. So she chose to not act arrogant.

But then her attention drew to the little boy whose hand was clasped in the woman's.
He didn't seem more than two years old. He had a cream complexion and his eyes were dark brown and is angelic face was framed by a mass of oily curls. He kinda reminded her of Bretton.

"Why isn't Bretton here? He told me he'd pick up my son." The woman pulled the boy closer to her side. "It's unacceptable for you to have a guest out in the cold, but I figure you wouldn't know what it feels like to wait."

"Oh, make yourself at home." She chided sarcastically and allowed them to walk past her. "So?"

"If you're looking for someone to talk to, don't start with me." Stacy said and plopped down on the couch. Lee-Ann was still in shock at her manner.

"I don't know who you think you are, coming in my house and speaking to me like that. Please explain why you're here, and don't be rude, you might just find yourself outside that gate, looking in." Lee-Ann threatened.

"Fine," Stacy huffed. "This is Michael my son, your fiancé's son. Michael say hi to your daddy's toy."

To say that Lee-Ann was shocked would be an understatement. She was surprised that her mouth wasn't hanging open. She couldn't form words after that.