Chapter 06: Stacy...Lee-Ann, friends?

Lee-Ann stood there in the doorway, waiting for Stacy to lash out at any time but she didn't. She was just quiet, tired.

"I hope you don't plan to travel with your son looking like that. It looks as if you couldn't make it up the steps." Lee-Ann crossed her arms and leaned against the door post.

"Thanks for the concern, but I can manage. The last thing I need is your pity."

"Stacy, maybe you haven't noticed, but I could care less about you. You have a two year old son that needs his mother, don't over work yourself, you have a kid to take care of."

"What would you know about me and my child?" Stacy's eyebrows furrowed, but Lee-Ann could see she had no strength to protest.

"Just stay for the night, get some rest. You can't travel in this condition." She smiled and opened the door for Stacy.

"Why are you doing this?" Stacy asked apprehensively.

"Michael's Bretton son and I don't want him to be harmed in any way." With that, Stacy slowly walked into the house, utterly flabbergasted by
Lee-Ann's hospitality.

"Guest rooms are upstairs to your left. Make yourself comfortable, I'll go fix you something to eat." She disappeared to kitchen, expecting Stacy to find her way around. She heated the extra plate of chicken nuggets and poached vegetables she had for lunch and brought it up to Stacy.

"I don't expect us to be friends but let's just try to get along, for the sake of Bretton and Michael's relationship. I'm going to be his wife soon, I'm not going to be that selfish to tell him that he has to choose between Michael and me. I love him." Lee-Ann explained, hoping Stacy would understand.

"It was in Vegas." Stacy said, catching her attention. "He just wanted to have some fun. He was so domineering and handsome. A month later, I found out that I was pregnant, I thought he wouldn't want anything to do with our child but I guess he wasn't who I thought he was."
A stray tear slid down her cheek and she wiped it away.
"You don't have to sit and listen to all of this."

Lee-Ann still didn't understand why she would offer to help Stacy when she disrespected her this morning and was so rude. It must be the traits that she got from her mother, because she had taught her to forgive and forget the things that happened to her, whatever that might be. She was sitting, willing to listen to Stacy's story and comfort her without feeling any remorse. 

"It's fine really." Lee-Ann smiled and averted her gaze to the dishes in front of her. "Have something to eat, I'll just go."

"I'm sorry. I'm just afraid that you would've been a threat to Michael."

Lee-Ann nodded in understanding.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a short night, Lee-Ann rose from her bed at the break of day. She staggered a bit on her way to Bretton's room. She shove the door open. Bretton was sitting on his bed with gaze fixed on his phone.

"You look better." She said, stalking over to him. "Were you expecting a call?"

"Nope." He looked up at her. "Where's your father?"

"He didn't visit yesterday." Lee-Ann shrugged.

"Great." He muttered. "Here I am thinking that I slept through it all."

"Is there anything I need to know?" She bit her lips, awaiting his answer.

"No I don't think so." Lee-Ann sighed.

"Are you sure Bretton because something happened yesterday that changed my life and I'm not sure if it will change how you feel about me."

"What are you talking about?" Bretton furrowed his brows.

"A two year old child and his mother is sleeping in our house."

"Michael's here?" Bretton said in disbelief.

"Obviously you don't respect me enough to tell me that you child. I had to keep him for the whole day. How could you put me in a position like that? Do you know how stupid I felt when a woman with a baby showed up on my doorstep, saying that my fiancé is his father."

All the color drained from his face. Lee-Ann knows, she's going to leave was the only thought going through his head.

"I found out that night I proposed to you. I didn't tell you because I wanted to make sure that the child is mine. I swear, I didn't know." He took her hand and squeezed it, silently begging her to see reason.

"You should've told me." She whispered.

"I don't want to lose you Lee." He said wrapping his arms around her.

"You won't, I believe you." She said, smiling into his neck.

Sorry for taking so long to update. But finally I did yay!

This is a very boring chapter I guess. Things are going to get steamy in the upcoming chapters...

Please vote and comment on my work, I love criticism.

Until next time... Bye :)

XOXO ROXY