Chapter 05: For the Whole Day?

Previously...

If you're looking for someone to talk to, don't start with me." Stacy said and plopped down on the couch. Lee-Ann was still in shock at her manner.

"I don't know who you think you are, coming in my house and speaking to me like that. Please explain why you're here, and don't be rude, you might just find yourself outside that gate, looking in." Lee-Ann threatened.

"Fine," Stacy huffed. "This is Michael my son, your fiancé's son. Michael say hi to your daddy's toy."

To say that Lee-Ann was shocked would be an understatement. She was surprised that her mouth wasn't hanging open. She couldn't form words after that.

"What?" Lee-Ann managed to say.

"He's cute isn't he? Michael's two. Bretton should've been ready to pick him up, he told me not to be late." Stacy smiled up to her, while running her hand through Michael's hair.

The nerve of this woman.

Lee-Ann cleared her throat and folded her arms. "Well, clearly you have no business with me, so please leave and don't come back until Bretton contacts you and tells you otherwise."

"We had an agreement, so if I'm going, Michael is staying. I have a schedule, so please be a darling step mother and keep him company." She rested a hand on Michael's cheek. "Honey you be good okay, I'll be back for you. I love you."

As she kissed his cheek he hugged her. Lee-Ann felt something in her move, she was curious to know what it feels like to have an exchange like that with a child, her child.

Stacy got up and left, not without telling Lee-Ann to take care of her child.

Why wasn't she angry?

Bretton had a child and didn't tell her about it. A child that she was stuck with for the rest of the day. Maybe it was because she was basking in her own guilt, still being caught up in Jason's web.

She looked over to the boy, sitting calmly on her couch. It seems Stacy wasn't a bad parent after all.

"Hi," he said and leaped off the furniture. It made her heart began to race, with fear that he could've hurt himself. Imagine if that woman came back and something happened to him, she'd most likely blame her. "Hi, are you okay?" He asked when he finally reached her. The question caught her off guard, not many two year olds are concerned about feelings.

"Are you hungry?" She asked.

"No, I want to play games." He said.

"Come with me up to our game room, you can pick something out then."

"You have- you are pretty." She smiled sweetly at him. "Can I touch your hair?" She leaned over to him, her hair toppled onto his finger tips and he stroked it. He bore a smile on his adorable face, marvelling at the silkiness of her hair.

"Okay, come on." She awkwardly scooped him up in her arms and started towards the stairs.

She lucky that Bretton's usual visitors left their children's toys in their lounge. Otherwise it would be impossible to bear with a two year old for the whole day.

She opened the door. Michael's eyes widened in astonishment.

"I'll be over here, play with anything that suits you." She retreated from the boy to a comfortable love seat in the room.

He could've easily mistaken him for one of the dolls in the room. The only thing that told them apart was that he was prancing around the room.

She drew for a book to occupy her by her attention constantly drifted to him. He was making a buzzing sound with his mouth, while gliding a robot toy in the air.

She managed to finish a chapter before he came running to her. "Miss, can you play with me?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Call me Lee-Ann okay?" He nodded. She stood and went over to where he was.

She had no idea that time flew by so quickly, it was almost lunch, she wanted to go out to a restaurant. But it was made clear that she wasn't alone when Michael came running into the bathroom. She was preparing a bath for him.

"I'm ready Ann!" He screamed.

When she finished, she dressed him and brought him back to the living room to order out.

"Hey Peter, can I have my usual please and I want six chicken nuggets and a serving of mash potatoes, thank you." She said into the phone.

She sat with her hand folded under her chin, staring at the boy sleepily tapping on the coffee table. She liked him. Bit she knew it was going to be hard, coping with Stacy.

Stacy was bitter, even when Lee-Ann was trying to be nice. It was obvious Stacy felt threatened by her. Maybe she even thought that she and Bretton still had a chance.

Maybe they do. Lee-Ann thought. If he kept this secret from her so well, he must be hiding other things. Stacy and Bretton had a bond, they had a child together. That doesn't always mean that they could be just friends for the child's sake.

But Lee-Ann hoped that that wasn't the case. Bretton still didn't come downstairs, he was probably still not feeling well.

She had a silent lunch with Michael, now it was night and he was fast asleep on the couch. The door bell rang.

She went to answer the door, Stacy was standing outside, looking worn out more than ever.

Here we go again, she groaned.

A/N

Boring chapter... I know

Tell me what you think about Stacy and Michael.

Remember to vote..

XOXO Roxy...