Shopping....

"Oh dear lord, no. Stiles you have to wear something else. Not all Batman!" Lydia finally put her foot down after Stiles had picked out every Batman shirt in the store. Stiles pouted at Lydia the best he could, it worked the last few shirts he picked out. "No Stiles. I mean it this time." Lydia gave him that look everyone knows will get there asses whooped.

"But Lydia," he whined at her from the cart giving her his puppy dog eyes.

"No," Lydia put the shirt back. Derek was just watching in amusement the whole time. "We have enough shirts for you anyway, we need pants." She pushed the cart to a different aisle where most of the pants hung. "Hmm," Lydia hummed as she picked out a few different pairs of pants for him, jeans and joggers.

A lady was cooing at Stiles in the cart while Lydia looked through the pjays for him. "It's so nice to see a young couple sticking together. It's not easy raising a kid."

"Oh no ma'am he isn't ares. We're not... We're not a thing. We are just babysitting." Lydia explained to the lady as she looked between the lady and Derek making a grossed out face.

"Oh nonsense. I know when I see love, and you two have it with this little one right here." She says pinching Stiles' cheek before moving on to continue her shopping. Stiles eyes tear up as he rubs his cheek.

"Not nice," he mumbles quietly. Only Derek hears him, he chuckles at him before realizing it must have actually hurt as Stiles starts blubbering.

"Hey, Stiles, it's okay buddy," Lydia tries to sooth him. It does not help the situation at all. Stiles just starts wailing in the cart. Lydia picks him up and rocks him gently. "Come on Stiles, I'll buy you any Batman toy you want." Lydia tries but it only makes it worse. "Derek," she gives him Stiles. "Hold him." She states leaving no room for an argument.

Derek holds Stiles at an arms distance. It only seems to calm him a little bit. "What am I supposed to do?" He asked very confused on what to do with a toddler.

"Hold him against your chest," Lydia states as she pushes the cart towards to toys. She had picked up every piece of clothing Stiles would need as a toddler. "You're his Alpha," she whispers knowing the wolf would hear. "You calm him down more than any of us."

Derek pulls a still crying Stiles to his chest. "Dewek," he whines cuddling into the older man. "She hurt me Dew." Derek felt something in his chest tighten at the words. He didn't know how to explain the odd feeling in his chest. It was kind of like what a mother wolf would feel towards her cub being hurt.

"You're fine Stiles. She just pinched your cheek." Derek grumbled at him as he followed Lydia.

"Stiles, what toys do you want? You can pick any 5 things you want," Lydia says as she looks back at the toddler in Derek's arms.

"Batman," Stiles points at the Batmobile and the Batman figure to go with it. "And Joke."

"Ok," Lydia grabs the three things Stiles has pointed out. "What else little man?"

"Uhh, Wolfie!" Stiles says making grabby hands at a stuffed wolf not to far away from him on the other side of the aisle from the superheroes. "Dewek, get wolfie?" Stiles asks looking up at the brooding man holding him with puppy dog eyes worse than Scott's.

"Fine," Derek grabs the wolf and hands it to Stiles. "There happy?" Stiles nods at him while they continue down the aisle.

"What about this truck, Stiles? It seems to be very interesting. It transforms into a robot." Lydia asks him but he was to busy rubbing the wolf all over Derek's face while he scrolls at it. She takes her phone out and takes a couple pictures of them. "Alright, I'll take that as a no," She continues with their shopping trip grabbing toddler food for Stiles as well as a car seat for him.

"We are done." Lydia says taking the wolf from Stiles while they are at the check out and giving it to the cashier to ring in. Stiles whines at her, starting to tear up, until she hands it back to him. "Stiles, Derek has to pay for that wolf. Or you won't be able to take it home."

Derek looks at her flabbergasted. "Since when was I the one paying?"

"Derek you're the man in this "relationship" you pay for everything," she chuckles at the look on his face. He just grumbles at her giving Stiles to her.

"Than you deal with the kid." Derek shot back at her. He paid the cashier what they owed while listening to a sniffling Stiles. "You're perfectly fine, Stiles." Derek says to him putting the full bags in the cart and pushing it outside just before Stiles started wailing more. "Stiles calm down," Derek says sternly trying not to wolf out in the middle of public.

"Stiles, come on buddy," Lydia coos at him. "Derek will hold you later we have to go home now," she promises the little version of her friend. It doesn't seem to help at all. Stiles starts crying as hard as he can making it hard to breathe. "Stiles you need to calm down. You're going to hurt yourself really badly!" She walks to the front of the car while Derek put the stuff int the back grumbling about rotten kids and witches that need to be killed.

Derek puts the car seat in before taking Stiles from Lydia and putting him in the car seat before buckling him up really weirdly due to not knowing how to.

"Here," Lydia reaches around from the front seat and fixes the straps. "That is how they go," she speaks softly. The older male just shrugs his shoulders before walking around to the passenger seat. On the way back to Derek's loft they get McDonald's and Stiles passes out in the back seat. "Awe," Lydia coos quietly after she parks the car. She takes a picture of the sleeping Stiles before getting out. "I'll get him, you get the bags yea?" Lydia says to the wolf before opening the back door and getting Stiles out without any more problems.

Derek grabs all the bags from the trunk and Stiles' wolf from his seat before taking everything inside in one trip. Lydia puts Stiles in Derek's bed before helping him sort out the bags. They has also bought a organizer to hold all of Stiles' baby stuff. Lydia organized the whole thing telling Derek where everything was so he knew in the morning.

"He's going to need a bath after he eats." She tells him. "Make him waffles, they are in your freezer. I'm going to go home, now," Lydia says looking at the time on her phone with yawn. "Night Derek, have fun," she chuckles walking out.

Derek growls after her while she walks out without looking back. Where the hell was he supposed to sleep? Sure the couch is comfy to sit on but to sleep? Never again. That hurt the last time. He looks in between the couch and his bed where there's a sleeping toddler. Sleep where he would be comfortable but might be kicked off his bed by a mini teenager or sleep on the leather sofa where he'd hurt in the morning. He decided against the couch and ended up sleeping on his side of the bed with Stiles curled up against him.

If I get 10 votes I'll update it again. -Hailey