Collecting pictures from the flood that wrecked this home.

I hold my breath and don't move an inch. I want punch alex, cry, and hug him all at once. I calmly say, "Is she keeping it?"
"I'm not sure she's still deciding."
"What's her name."
"Sarah. She's the girl the girl I told you about earlier. We were never actually dating."
"Ok."

I stand up and calmly walk off.

oOo

I break down. I show up at Steph's house and lose it.
"Jo, oh my god! Calm down! Jo! Are you okay?"
"A-Alex got a-nother g-girl pr-pregnant."
"Oh my god."

She lays me down on her couch and gets water as my waterworks die down.
"So is she keeping it?" Steph asks
"He's not sure."
"Is this it for you two?"
"If she keeps it. It has to be. I can't be the step-mom or whatever I'd be! I can be a mom but that kid will always be a constant reminder of what he did to me."
Steph rubs my back and says, "Are you sure? About this? About leaving Alex?"
"Yeah. Most girls would see all the red flags but I think I'm color blind."
"What if she doesn't keep it?"
"I don't know. I already forgave him for that night. Why would a pregnancy scare change it?"
"What are you hoping she'll do?"
I look at Steph with regretful eyes and she immediately knows my answer.
"Even if she doesn't abort the baby, I'm sure you and Alex will work it out."
___________________________
Sorry for all these really short chapters 😅