Page 2: Day 2

Bright light filled my eyes as I got up from my slumber. As I stretched my body, feeling my bones crack and pop, I observed my room. I never got a good look around, for I was too tired. A single window was on my left. I got up to open the window to let some air come in, but found that it was locked.
"Weird, I can't unlock the window" I mumble to myself.
When I finish getting ready for the day, I open the door to see Ari. She had a look that showed a mixture of distress, fear, and shock.
"Ari, are you okay?"
"No, I'm not. No one is okay. Dakotah is dead." I'm left speechless. One of my best friends is dead.
"Can I see the scene? I want to look for myself." I push past Ari, worry filling every inch of my body. With every step I took, every memory I spent with him flashed across my mind.
"He can't be dead. It must be a joke. He can't." I stopped talking when I got to his door. The sight made my heart drop. Blood was on the floor, and on the wall as well. The number one was on the headboard. Dakotah lay peacefully on his back, excluding the fact that there was a deep gash in his chest. Dry blood paths had spread all around the wound and trailed down his chest, staining the white sea of sheets below.
I cried. That's all I could do. Ari soon came in and rest a hand on my shoulder.
"Come on, we'll leave him be."
"Y-yeah, let's." I walk over to Dakotah, held his hand for a moment in silence. After that, I walk out of the room with Ari behind me.
We reach the living room and there sat everyone in silence. It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Some had tear stains on their cheeks like I did, while others were staring off into space.
"Guys, please tell me that I'm not the only one getting scruples from this house." Jenna says, to break the silence.
"Well considering the fact that someone was just murdered, I can't see how you couldn't." Alex retorts.
"Was anyone else able to open their windows in their room? I couldn't when I tried this morning." I questioned, trying to change the subject.
"I couldn't" or "I didn't try" were the only replies I got. Moments later, Thomas gets up and
walks to the blood red doors. He pulls on the handles and the doors won't budge. He tries pushing just in case and gets the same results.
"Guys, the doors won't budge. They're locked shut."
"I'm so sorry to hear that." Alice announces, surprising us all. I notice a speck of red on her white eye patch. I walk up to her and ask, "Alice, what's that on your eye patch? It looks like paint."
"Yes Ms. Scarlet, that is paint. I was painting before I came here."
"Ah, okay." I sit back down in my seat. Alice claps her hands once, and all the lights go out. Confusion rose quicker than my heart beat. A slash and then a thump came from the darkness. When the lights turn on, fear once again struck our bodies. Haley and Ethan both lay dead on the floor, blood oozing out of their throats. On the other side of the horror stood Alice. Her eye patch on the ground, hair settling into place, and the two black and red short swords on her sides.
"Oh my, I didn't expect for the lights to turn on this early!" She turned around to face us, what we saw was terrifying. A blood red eye with a black slit for a pupil was glowing, almost as if she was possessed. I was so scared, and so were the others. Haley and Ethan were both older than me and we were close through band. A two and three was written on the couch where the duo had been sitting on.
"How could you do that? They didn't do anything!" Jake bursts.
"Do not worry, I have a maximum." With those last words, the lights flicker and she was gone.
"We need to get out of here. Half of us find weapons to use for protection while the other half tries to find a way out." I break the group in half. Group A was Jake, Dani, Mia, Kate and Thomas. They were to find a way out. Group B was Alex, Jenna, Logan, Ari and me. We got the job of finding weapons.
Later that evening, Group A returns with no luck. On the table was a variety of knives, sticks, and other miscellaneous weapons. I pick up a sword and head to my room while clocks all around the house ring to signal eight. I get ready for bed and I lay my sword on the night stand. I pull out my notebook and wrote.
"Three down out of the original thirteen guests." I sigh as I put my notebook away. The moon shone through my window and lit up my room.
"I hope no one else dies. Everyone is like family to me. I don't think I could handle the stress." I sigh again and get into my bed. On my back I stare at the ceiling, thinking. Slumber took over my body while memories of Haley and Ethan filled my mind.