Love and chains

And I am back with more muse than ever and I LOVED the requests, keep sending them in. Anyway I wanted to write a one-shot after a wip I have, so enjoy this slave au while I work on y'all's requests.

Ja'far looked up from his papers curiously when he heard someone enter the room, smiling a bit when he saw (Y/N) in the doorway, having knocked meekly. "Hey, come on in."

She nodded and stepped into the room, setting a food tray on the desk before stepping aside, bowing silently.

Ja'far smiled, a bit awkwardly and looked back up at her. "Thanks, Want some of this? I don't mind sharing."

She shook her head, averting her gaze.

He followed it and frowned when he saw her staring at the golden chains about her wrists. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you again?"

The fact that he was mostly useless in protecting her from his parents, her real master's unfortunately, was something that made his blood boil and made him count the days until he was old enough to move out on his own and free her. In the meantime he simply wanted to help her stay sane and make sure she wasn't too seriously injured.

She shook her head, still refusing to meet his eyes. She bit her lip a moment and turned away from him, about to leave.

He grabbed her wrist. "Please wait."

She stopped immediately, turning back over to him, bowing her head, staring a hole into the floor.

He sighed and stepped closer to her, cupping her face gently in his hands and pulling her chin up. "(Y/N) Please look at me."

She did as she was told, meeting his loving eyes and smiling sadly, fidgeting slightly.

"Please tell me what's troubling you." He pleaded softly, never taking his eyes off hers.

She frowned and averted her gaze, speaking up softly, her voice hardly a whisper. "Well...I love you." She tensed up, snapping her eyes shut and flinching as though she thought he would strike her. Instead she was met with a small frown.

"Why is that a problem? Did I do something wrong...?" Aside from not having the guts to stand up to his parents and steal her from them, he thought he was at least semi-decent to her. He had never physically hurt her, and he'd always meant to be kind, but intentions weren't results apparently. If he'd hurt her he would do anything to make up for it, even if that meant risking his life to protect her from his parents.

"O...of course not." She whispered. "Y...you're the kindest master I've ever had but....I...I'm just a slave and...I..I shouldn't even be allowed to speak to you..." Tears filled her eyes but she blinked them away. "I...I'm worthless....my only asset is obedience a...and I'm just an object that could be replaced in a moment...I shouldn't even have feelings aside from loyalty but...I...I love you and—"

She stopped speaking when he pulled her into a hug, resting his head on her shoulder, stroking her back slightly. "Please...don't demean yourself like this." he whispered to her. "You're the second greatest person I have ever met, and I love you dearly."

She crumpled about then, trying to hug back, but the chains stopped her. They reminded her of her position, reminded her of the fact she'd never known freedom nor humanity.

He frowned and ducked his head under her chains so she could hug him. He held her close, stroking her hair gently. "You've never just been some random slave to me." he explained softly. "You're the kindest person I've ever met...you're patient and strong, and you've endured more than I can even comprehend, and yet you've remained innocent. You're my best friend, and I love you a lot."

She hugged him tightly, crying softly. He was the first person to ever show her kindness, the only one who offered relief. She didn't have to just bottle everything up and be strong for him, that meant the world to her honestly.

He continued to whisper to her, whispering compliments and things he'd noticed about her that he thought were admirable, he kept on praising her and she kept on crying, letting out everything she'd thought hadn't fazed her.

Once she had stopped crying, a small smile finding its way to her face she let out a small sigh.

"If my masters allowed it, I'd never want to leave your side." She admitted sadly.

He just frowned. "How much more work do you have to do?"

She listed everything she'd have to do that day, and that night as she wasn't permitted sleep, her voice drawling out tiredly. "And if I don't have it done by sun up tomorrow, I'll get punished."

He gulped and smiled reassuringly. "Alright...we've got like what....five hours before my parents get home? Let me take on your work for a bit so you can get some rest, you need it more than I do."

Her eyes bulged. "Y...you'd do something like that for me?"she shook her head. "I...please master, I can finish my work, you've already been so kind and I....it'd hardly be proper for me to rest while you're working...a..after all I live to serve your family."

He waved her off. "Don't tell me you believe that nonsense." He smiled and met her gaze. "You live because you're alive, and you're a living breathing human being. As to what purpose your life has, well that's up to you. The only reason you are here, is because many people are cruel and my parents are greedy." he shrugged. "And proper or not, I feel guilty resting up studying while you have to work even though you haven't slept in thirty-six hours and you've hardly eaten."

(Y/N) blinked, but finally conceded, smiling softly bowing her head. "If it will ease your conscious I will gladly rest, but if you at any point need me I will gladly return to work."

He chuckled slightly as they both knew he would be far too stubborn to ask for help even if he did need it, but at this point she just needed some form of formality. He then scooped her up and carried her to his bed, laying her down gently and tucking her under the covers before setting the tray she'd brought in front of her. "Please eat something and get some rest okay?"

She nodded, a bit anxiously. "Thank you..."

He smirked and bowed politely, kissing the top of her hand. "It's no problem, my lady." He said playfully before kissing the top of her head and leaving the room.

She ate the food quickly, scarfing it down hungrily, before setting the tray aside and laying back down, cuddling into the blankets. His blankets. His room. He really didn't see her as a slave did he? She wasn't sure why he was so kind, but she found that her love for him only grew, and she could still feel his kisses even as she zonked out for the rest of the day.