Murder

It got very late, seeing as Vanessa had no place to stay as she wanted to stay away from Mickey for a while, Eddie decided to let her come to his office. Vanessa saw the names Valiant & Valiant. Vanessa thought Eddie must had a brother, cousin, nephew, or some sort of relative working with him, but she stayed quiet as she entered his office.

"You can stay here for the night," Eddie told her quietly. "I promise, that bed is a lot more comfortable than it looks."

"Thanks, Eddie." Vanessa said, quietly.

"Whatever" the detective said, turning on the light to show her the office.

Vanessa looked all around with wonder. She saw Eddie's desk, but a desk across from him completely dusty and looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in years. Eddie put his hat up and went with her to get some rest after a long day of work. He took the photographs off the hanger as Vanessa tried to get herself settled. She spotted some photographs and looked with Eddie as he put away the Jessica and Marvin pictures and the tape.

"Is that you and Dolores in Catalina?" Vanessa asked, looking with him to see the new pictures.

"Yeah, that was a long time ago," Eddie told her, looking through the beach pictures. He actually seemed happy for once. "We were in Catalina. It was a great time."

"Who's that?" Vanessa pointed to the new pictures of Eddie having fun with a guy without Dolores in the pictures.

Eddie's smile disappeared. "That's my brother..."

"Where is he? On vacation?" Vanessa asked

"He's dead." Eddie said, gravely.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Vanessa said, quietly. "W-What happened?"

Eddie flipped through the pictures and looked at old framed pictures with his brother, some old newspaper articles of him and his brother saving Goofy and rescuing Donald Duck's kidnapped nephews. "I might as well tell ya... He was killed... By a Toon..."

"A toon?" Vanessa's eyes widened a tiny bit.

"Yeah," Eddie nodded, shakily.

Vanessa said nothing

"Teddy and I were on another case involving Toons, we always loved doing Toon business, we loved them like they were our family members entertaining us for hours," Eddie continued. "However, there was one about 15 stories high up from us... He was a nasty Toon... well more of a half human half toon nothing like I've ever seen before, He was about to drop on us with a piano. I broke my arm, Teddy never made it... It landed flat on his head."

"Oh I guess a toon screwed you over too" was all she said.

Ya got it, kid... Now, get some sleep, I've had a long day." Eddie said keeping on looking around in his photographs.

"What did I say about calling me kid I'm an adult now treat me like one" Vanessa said slapping him, then she laid down. She had a long day so she fell right asleep into the bed, finding it a little comfortable and cushy.

The next morning, Vanessa was bright and awake while Eddie had fallen asleep at his desk with a beer bottle in his hand. Vanessa came out of the bathroom after she finished grooming herself once a bottle hit a metal can, snapping Eddie awake as well.

"Oh, Lieutenant Santino." Eddie looked sharp at the new man in the office. "Where'd you come from?"

Vanessa just sat down listening to the conversation

"Gee Whiz, Eddie, if you needed money so bad, why didn't you come to me?" Santino asked, seeing the photographs between Acme and Jessica.

"So I took a couple of dirty pictures and recorded Vanessa saying she didn't love her husband, so kill me." Eddie shrugged, pouring himself another glass of alcohol.