Blue: Chapter 1

"Azra!!!!! Get up and get your siblings ready for school." My mother yells into my room.

I sit up gogily and walk out of my room. I open the door of each of my siblings rooms and blare an air horn. By the time I get to room three everyone's wide awake. I check the time on my watch. It's 4:35. Damn That's a new record. After everyone gets done in the shower I finally get a chance. I let the now cold water run down my body.

" Azra Willard Zeen get out of the shower! I need a head count." My mother yells up the stairs. I sigh I hate being the oldest. I climb out the shower and quickly change into a tee shirt and jeans. I walk down the  stairs and see everyone lined up. I step into my spot and see my mom glare at me.

"Alright you know the drill." She says.

As normal we all say our name one at a time in age order.

"Azra"

"Carter "

"Hephzibah"

"Brix"

"Katana"

"Nyx"

"Naix"

"Calypso"

"Jaizz"

"Melody"

"Cedar"

"Chet"

"Kael"

"Orden"

"Arantex"

"Bentli"

"Good everyone's here." My mom says nodding. We all sit at the table and dig in. Our fine meal of Frosted Flakes and Cheerios was cut short when my mom was called to work. She kissed us goodbye and left. I got everyone on the bus and grabbed my skateboard as I locked the house up. I rode to school with my headphones jammed into my ear.

I rode into school and threw my backpack into my locker.

" Hey bro!" My best friend Leo says as he walks up to me. I nod at him as I put my skateboard in my locker.

"So did you see Cindy this morning. That is some angelic sh** right there!" He says smirking. I shake my head. My best friend always liked Cindy. But she never liked him back I always felt bad. I run my hands through my hair as I walk with Leo to homeroom.

" Azra! Azra! Hey I want to talk to you." Some blonde says running up to me. I look down at her waiting for her to speak.

" I heard from someone that your hair is 100% natural. We're you really born with blue hair?! Or is it just a really good dye job? In that case could you give their number?" She asks excitedly. I sigh. This is literally my life constantly. Yes, I was born with blue hair and purple eyes. I'm some kind of genetic miracle.

" Yes." I say walking away. She squeals before running back to her friends. Leo shakes his head before running to homeroom. I slide into my seat and wait for the horribly loud bell to ring. My home room teacher stumbles into the classroom in a drunken stupor. He falls asleep on his desk and the bell rings dismissing us from class. I walk out of the classroom when I crash into some girl. She falls backwards and her head hits the ground. I kneel down next to her and her eyes snap open. She looks at me as if she just saw a ghost.

"Hi I'm Azra. I'm so sorry. Do you need to go to the nur-" I start to ask then I feel something inside me switch.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing on the floor? Anyway babe hope your okay."

She smiles at me and thanks me and I help her get up. I wink at her and see a blush flash across her cheeks.

What just happened? I think to myself. It was like someone switched on the smooth non awkward person in my head. I shake my head and walk into 2nd period.