To Each And Their Own

You're supposed to be much better than this Robin.

You're not supposed to be like this.

Can you just stop for a moment?

You're embrassing yourself.

But I'm not better than this.

I am like this.

I can't stop, I don't want to.

Am I really?

It's certainly been an awful time for the young boy, he was again withering in his self doubt and hate. This wasn't uncommon though ever since he was a child, that self hatred dwelled in his mind. Was he not good enough? No...he had to useful, he wasn't worthless. Mother had always told him that while father would just stare; he would reclunetly say something positive about him but that was okay with Robin. Even if it was just a illusion basked in a lie then it wouldn't bother him after all it was the thought that counted.

Even if this said thought was as fake as it could get. Still it made him feel better.

His parnets made him happy and that's all that mattered.

Until father left, mother said he would come back. He still hasn't returned but Robin's childlike naivety masked the truth, even though he knew the truth. It was just a way for him to cope. If it was out of mind it would be out of sight. If it didn't exist than it couldn't possibly bother him. It wouldn't be able to have the satisfaction of destroying him. It wouldn't win, he would win!

He's eyes rolled over, snapping out of this self doubt of a nightmare. 

The sun's rays poured into his room.

Did he go another night without sleeping?

Who cares.

He laid there for a few moments, he was unwilling to get up.

He just wanted to sleep a little more.

To not wake up and face reality.