Faded - Jimin X Reader

Pairing: Park Jimin x Reader
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Angst

    I watched as couples passed by on the streets, holding hands and and cuddling each other in the cold. I took a sip of my warm coffee and sighed heavily. I envied all these couples and was jealous of how close they were and all the sweet nothings they whispered to each other endlessly. I got up and checked the time on the large clock that was in the center of the town.

11:40PM.

    I sat back down on the wooden bench I've been on for a while now.

He's late...

    It was dark and snow slowly drifted from the sky, kissing my cheek as they fell. I thought about the days we used to have together. Days like how we first met at the cafe down the corner from here. The light pink blush that colored his cheeks as he shyly smiled and handed me a cup of warm sweet tea. The sweet and earnest smile he gave me everytime he glanced at me.

    I remembered the day he came up and confessed his love for me in the cheesiest way. Red rose in one hand and a box of my favorite 
assorted chocolates in the other. The way he couldn't even look me in the eyes as he held them out and the surprise he got when I kissed his lips as an answer.

    A dark male figure came walking around the corner towards me, interrupting my thoughts. His pace didn't change when he saw me and he  was taking his time.
    "Sorry _____-ah~ I didn't mean to be late, something came up and I had to take care of it real quick."
    "Oh Jiminnie... you finally made it." I held out my hand and he automatically placed his cold hands I to my own freezing ones.

    We walked hand in hand down the road towards the local park nearby, silent the whole way. We saw a few late night lovers out, enjoying each other's company and I watched them kiss and gaze at stars together. We walked down the quiet path leading us to the other end of the park. I thought long and hard before mustering up the courage to talk to Jimin about something I've been meaning to tell him for months.

    "...Jimin..." I took his warm hands into my own. I ran my thumbs over the back of his hands, tracing over the feint veins.
    "Jimin..." I whispered and looked up at him.
    "I...I can't do this anymore." Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I held them in. I tried to pull my hands away from his, but he held on tighter.
    "____..... but why? You can't be serious." He desperately looked into my eyes, trying to find the answer. I looked away and he caressed my cheek, wiping a tear that manage to fall, away with his thumb.
      "Please ____... look at me..." I couldn't bring myself to look at him.
      "Enough is enough Jimin. Please... I really can't be with you anymore." I pulled away from his touch and tried to walk away. Sudden warmth embraced me from behind and more tears fell down my face. Some of which didn't belong to me.
      "Don't leave me ____! Please don't go!" My heart hurt as he cried softly and laid his head against my back.
      "Please don't..." He held me tighter, holding me like his life light would blow out if I moved.
      "What did I do wrong? Please just talk to me, tell me why. I don't want you to leave me..." He pleaded and sobbed.

      More tears ran down my face and my legs grew weak. I dropped down to the cold floor with him still holding onto me. Memories flooded my heart as I remembered all the sweet moments we had together. The first time we met, the love that grew and bloomed. I truly thought we were in love...until recently...

      He doesn't realize that it's not me who lost the spark in our relationship, but him. He doesn't know the reason we're hurting is caused by him. He doesn't know that when we talk, the love and passion he had back then, disappeared. The long sweet conversations we once had, suddenly became one word, emotionless replies. All the looks he gave that were filled with over lasting love and care, now became rare.

       I felt  hopeless, unloved, and most of all, thrown away. What hurts more is that he doesn't even realize. He doesn't see the changes. He doesn't know that he slowly left me behind. I slowly placed my hands on his and gently removed him from me. I ran my thumb over the promise ring he gave me from our second anniversary and then slide it off my finger. I couldn't hold back anymore tears and my hands shook as I took his hand into mine and placed the ring his palm, closing his hands around it.

        "Jimin... I'm sorry. But I think you need to find out on your own on why I think this isn't going to work..."
        "I really love you Jimin, but I can't be with someone who can't even sort out their own feelings..." I turned away facing the dark, cold night and walked to the sounds of my own sniffling.

A/N: Wrote a short one shot for angellife133 cause she can't seem to stay loyal to Jungkook and always be chasing after Jimin. So I decided to break her heart.