Chapter 11

*Forgive me. You probably want to kill me.. I know it's been a while..*

************************************

February 4, 2012 6:30 AM

Asia's POV

It was Monday morning and my parents insisted I go to school and not miss another day. So after doing my normal morning routine I opened my closet and pulled out simple black jeggings and a long white sleeved shirt. I grabbed a black scarf and after wrapping it around my neck I grabbed my sneakers and walked downstairs.

Little Pete was sitting was sitting in the kitchen eating Apple Jacks and staring at his Game Boy. I'm not sure why he still insists on using that old thing when we had enough money to get him a more up to date game system.

My mom had just moved a plate of pancakes onto the counter and turned around to look at me.

"See Asia!" She exclaimed, "you don't even look sick!"

I rolled my eyes at my mom and mumble a pathetic good morning. I went to the fridge and pulled out a few green grapes and munched on those until my mom was ready. I couldn't wait until I turned sixteen so I could start driving myself. At least I could drive, I just needed an adult in the car.

After I grabbed my stuff I drove to school with my mom going on about a ball coming up for my dads company. I scrunched up my face at the thought of having to wear a dress.

Fifteen minutes later I pulled up in front of the school. Once I said bye to my mom I walked to my locker and started to to grab the correct books for my first period. I heard the familiar laughter down the hall and turned my head to see Kiyah and Nia walking towards my locker.

Smiling I closed my locker and waited for them to get here.

"Hey, where's Taymee at?" I asked when they got into hearing distance. Normally she's with them. I wonder if she's sick with the same thing I had.

"I don't know" Nia mumbled and Kiyah just shrugged her shoulders. Well I'll just call her during lunch to see how she is.

As we headed to our first class the girls started talking about our shortened trip last weekend.

"Asia you should've told us you couldn't skate! We wouldn't have done it." Kiyah got out before she started to laugh.

"Yea laugh all you want. You never gave me a chance to say anything." I mumbled

"We should do something like that again though. It was cool while it lasted." Kiyah said once she stopped laughing.

"Yea I can't wait to see the guys again." Nia said in a dreamy voice. I laughed at her but couldn't help but nod my head in agreement.

I thought about me and Prodigy's talk and the car ride with Princeton and smiled a little bit. A part of me couldn't wait to see them again. We went up a flight of steps and turned into our Chemistry room.

We spread out into our assigned seats. Instead of normal desks we had lab tables which I didn't really mind. I sat by myself which I enjoyed. More space for me.

Mrs. Kelsey walked into the room with a girl I've never seen before right after the bell rung.

"Class we have a new student!" She said happily. I rolled my eyes and laughed under my breath. She really loves her job.

"Go ahead and introduce yourself!" She said to the girl. She had dark hair and what seemed to be blue eyes. Her hair and eyes clashed but in a good way. Her face started to turn red as her eyes skimmed the class. We made eye contact and I smiled at her.

"Uhm... My name is Hailey.. I moved here from Maine.." Her voice trailed off and I took that as she had nothing else to say. Or nothing else to share with us.

"Well, welcome Hailey. Why don't you have a seat by..." She looked around the room and I began to move my stuff because I knew what she was going to say. "Oh Asia has an empty seat! You can sit next to her. Asia raise your hand sweetie"

I lifted my hand and waved. Hailey came over and shyly looked at me.

"I guess we're partners.." She mumbled while she took out a pencil and notebook.

I laughed a little bit. "I guess so"

So much for room to myself.

*

After Chemistry I looked at Haileys schedule.

"Well, you have next period with Nia and lunch with all three if us." I told her as we walked out if the classroom.

Nia walked up and smiled at Hailey which she returned shyly.

They walked to their class which was the opposite direction as mine an Kiyahs.

On the way Geometry we talked about stupid stuff and how we couldn't wait till it warmed up a little bit.

We walked in and I could immediately tell Mr. Hancock wasn't in a good mood and I groaned.

"5 bucks he's going to give us a pop quiz." Whispered Kiyah as we took our seats.

*

After Geometry we walked to lunch, Kiyah 5 bucks richer. I sat down at our normal table with the lunch my mom normally packs me. I said hey to some if the guys at our table and Nia and Hailey cane and sat down.

"Guys this is Hailey." I said to everybody. "Hailey this is Luke, Bryce, Kris, Alec, and Mason."

She mumbled a shy hello and stared at Mason for a bit. He was the last person she wanted to get involved with.

We talked and laughed for a little while until the lunchroom got reasonably quiet. I looked around and didn't understand why.

"Looks like your boy is back Asia." Bryce chuckled out. I turned around in my seat and saw Will Kempt walk into the lunchroom. My eyes widened and I turned around in my seat fast enough to give somebody whiplash.

"What is he doing here!" I whisper-yelled. "I though he wasn't allowed back!" Everyone turned around.

Luke mumbled, "You know who his parents are. You knew he was coming back eventually."

I took a deep breath and peaked over my shoulder to find him looking right at me.

He walked past our table and I felt like everything was going in slow motion. You could hear a pin drop.

When he was out of hearing distance I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I turned to face Hailey and saw he was staring at Wills back. I frowned but didn't think to much about it.

Wanting to hit something, I shoved a chip in my mouth and waited for today to be over with.

*

When I got home I went up to my room and laid on my bed. After today all I wanted to do was sleep.

Instead I got my homework out and moved to me desk. After about an hour my phone buzzed.

A smile moved onto my face when I saw Primcetons name on my phone. I unlocked it and read what was on my phone. I texted something back and a minute later my phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"What's up beautiful?"

I laughed. "Hi Princeton."

"What're you doing right now?" He asked me.

I looked down at my homework. "Nothing really. Why?"

"Let's hang out."

"Right now?"

I heard him laugh. "Yes right now. And you sound like you need to get out."

I looked at my clock for a second and decided why not?

"Alright. Where do you want me to meet you.?"

"I'll pick you up."

"Alright." I smiled and I closed my Chemistry book.

"Cool. See you in 5."