Career Fair

The living room smelled from the left over pizza Alex left on the couch. The sofa was decorated with crumbs, sauce, and paper plates which were also strung out on the floor. Enrique and Alex were spraying the room with a canned fragrance to cover up the odor.

MITCH: Over there too....

ALEX: You gonna just stand there?

MITCH: Yes, actually. This is your fault. Plus, you gotta burn those extra calories. Call me a fitness overseer.

ALEX: I'm not calling you that.

MITCH: 'I'm-not-calling—' Of course not. That's why you're all over the floor scrubbing off tomato sauce.

Alex let out a mocking tone and began to scrub harder. Enrique sneezed, and he used the scrub he had to wipe his nose. One of the bedroom doors opened and out came Danny yawning. He scratched his stomach and his hair on his head was sticking up. He looked around the room.

DANNY: MMM. What is that delicious mozzarella smell?

Enrique held up an old piece of pizza with a sarcastic look, and Danny snatched it and began to stuff it in his mouth. His chewing slowed down when he tasted the stale bread. He gulped the large bite without chewing all of it and threw the rest of the slice to the floor.

DANNY: What's that I hear in the kitchen?

ALEX: Jerry.

MITCH: Boiling some eggs... Not man enough to handle a liquid yolk.

Jerry walked out of the kitchen after he heard his name. He was holding a large remote. He had a Toronto Huskies themed apron that had several holes in it, and a large white chef hat.

JERRY: Eggs are done boys. I put it all in a big bowl... Want to keep 'em fresh so you'll have to crack 'em when you grab some.

Jerry finished speaking while waving an awkward object. The boys put down their cleaning materials.

ENRIQUE: What are you holding?

JERRY: What-am-I— this— my friends, is a universal remote, the most elite device of the decade. It even has it's own miniature screen on it in case you don't want to walk to the telly.

DANNY: It looks like a sewing machine.

JERRY: They're working on the size. Some critics say that the size of it makes it so much more nostalgic, like they were back in the eighties.

MITCH: Nosta— nice vocab' Jerry. The one-word-a-day app sure gets you going. How 'bout I drop you off in the eighties and you can stay there.

JERRY: ANYWAYS. I programmed the remote. It can do anything— took me three days to do it.

Alex threw up his hands.

ALEX: Oh! So you weren't sleep walking at 3am? Why did you tell me that?

MITCH: You mustn't believe everything you hear, Alex.

JERRY: I wanted to keep it on the D.L.— THIS remote is the best of it's kind, and it's programmed to control any device in the dorm. You want to turn on the iron before you get up to iron your clothes? DONE. You want to leave raw eggs on the stove overnight and press the button to get it cooking in the morning, so that you don't have to get up? DONE.

DANNY: Why do I have the feeling that our lives will never be the same?

JERRY: Technology, boys.

MITCH: EH. Not a fan. Don't like technology or it's music.

JERRY: What music?

MITCH: Techno. Not a fan.