13

The thing is, they don't talk about it

In fact, it has been nearly a month since it has happened, and neither have brought it up.

The next day after it had happened even, Louis went straight over to Harry's. Harry simply blushed and smiled, let him in like always. They never said anything about it, instead talked about astronomy over glasses of strawberry milk, and Zayn and Liam over painting nails, and then over lunch in a little cafe they prank called Niall. And it's literally like nothing's happened and Louis is so frustrated.

 And it's literally like nothing's happened and Louis is so frustrated

He wants Harry so bad, though. He wants to hold him and kiss him and let him know how pretty he is, and he wants to touch. Touch everywhere, with soft fingertips and gentle lips. He is so in love but he can't bring himself to tell Harry because he is so scared.

Louis isn't oblivious though. He notices the way Harry is clingier, doesn't mind touching Louis and holding on to him. He notices Harry's blushing cheeks at certain things, and his giggles in necks, and the way Harry adds in soft compliments. Louis' seen him bend over with the tip of his purple, lacy thong peeking out, and the way he moans Louis' name in the shower just loud enough for Louis to hear when he is still wrapped up in his duvet. Louis knows Harry wants it just as bad as he does, but he's scared to be the one to say something, too.

 Louis knows Harry wants it just as bad as he does, but he's scared to be the one to say something, too

(But Louis can't be the one to do it, He can't.

He can't because Harry has been through too much and he needs him to be 100% into this. He is scared because he doesn't know what Harry's opinion on love is any more - he doesn't know how scared he is of it, or if he ever wants to fall in love again, or if he maybe already has.)

(One night they are curled up in Harry's bed, it is soft and quiet and gentle, when Harry's lips press against his own. Harry simply pulls away and turns over, murmuring out a, 'night, Lou.' Louis blinks, touching his lips and smiling into his palm to refrain from giggling.)

Right now, Louis' using nail polish remover to remove the dark green colour from Harry's nails, Harry deciding that a yellow is what he wants. Louis' been progressing well in painting nails, and Harry lets him do it more often for him.

"Did they ever use their gift?"

Louis smirks. "They pretended to hate it, right? Pretended they were absolutely revolted by the lingerie thing. And like, the first week there is nothing, right?" Harry nods to what Louis' saying, chewing at his lip and watching his eyelashes flutter to his cheekbones, "then after a week I notice the bag is no longer in the living room, and I didn't really think too much of it. Butthen, I see the panties in the wash when I was doing my laundry."

Harry's eyes widen. "No."

Louis nods, smirking, "So I send Zayn a little picture, right? Calls me immediately begging that I won't tell Niall and asking where I got the stuff."

Harry laughs, eyes sparkling. "So they're like, into that?"

"Mate, you have no idea. I was looking for my black jeans last week - an entire load of laundry of just lingerie."

"No." Harry says again, shocked.

"Oh yeah."